Oct 26, 2010, 6:57 PM EDT
I’m glad the NBA League Offices took the summer to focus on the important things around the NBA.
Such as a new addition to the league dress code for players that bans the wearing of headbands upside down. Because that was a big problem. But it is part of the new league rules according to ESPNBoston’s Chris Forsberg on twitter.
A lot of NBA players wear headbands, but the Celtics Rajon Rondo may be the most famous practitioner of the upside down logo. He is not alone, a number of NBA players do it. Why? Maybe a little way to stick it to the man, since they have to wear NBA-issued headbands. Maybe just to be different.
But once it becomes a superstitious thing with players they will not stop it. Rondo may go sans headband instead
So the NBA has cracked down on this horrendous violation. That and all those times players punched the air, which was a growing issue so we needed to give them technicals.
Stepford players, we’ll get them somehow.
Thank Buddha the games are back so we can start to focus on something that matters. And so can the league office.
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 0
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 2
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 35
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 24
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte