Oct 26, 2010, 12:58 PM EDT
Remember back in June, when the brash new Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov put up a billboard of himself and Nets part owner Jay-Z overlooking Madison Square Garden. Underneath is said “Blueprint for Greatness.”
The Nets real blueprints are being used for their new building under construction in Brooklyn, at the Atlantic Yards.
Let’s all be thankful the Knicks did not go with a five-story tall picture of owner James Dolan.
Point made. And clever. Although, a funnier move would have been a billboard outside the Prudential Center in Newark. Where the Nets will actually play games this season and next.
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 0
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10