Oct 26, 2010, 12:58 PM EDT
Remember back in June, when the brash new Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov put up a billboard of himself and Nets part owner Jay-Z overlooking Madison Square Garden. Underneath is said “Blueprint for Greatness.”
The Nets real blueprints are being used for their new building under construction in Brooklyn, at the Atlantic Yards.
Let’s all be thankful the Knicks did not go with a five-story tall picture of owner James Dolan.
Point made. And clever. Although, a funnier move would have been a billboard outside the Prudential Center in Newark. Where the Nets will actually play games this season and next.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 11
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9