Oct 26, 2010, 12:58 PM EDT
Remember back in June, when the brash new Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov put up a billboard of himself and Nets part owner Jay-Z overlooking Madison Square Garden. Underneath is said “Blueprint for Greatness.”
The Nets real blueprints are being used for their new building under construction in Brooklyn, at the Atlantic Yards.
Let’s all be thankful the Knicks did not go with a five-story tall picture of owner James Dolan.
Point made. And clever. Although, a funnier move would have been a billboard outside the Prudential Center in Newark. Where the Nets will actually play games this season and next.
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 36
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 62
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 33
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 76