Oct 26, 2010, 5:32 PM EDT
Chris Douglas-Roberts will miss the first month of the Bucks’ season after having to undergo eye surgery Tuesday.
CDR was poked in the eye during a Sunday practice, causing the eye to swell nearly shut by Monday. The damage was severe enough to warrant surgery, noted HoopsWorld’s Alex Kennedy on twitter.
It’s a setback for a player who got a lot of preseason minutes for the Bucks as they tried to fit him in. Douglas-Roberts never seemed to fit in with New Jersey. The midrange game and ability to just find a way to get the ball in the basket that served him well in college at Memphis went missing in the NBA. He was undisciplined.
He was moved to Milwaukee and under the very structured Scott Skiles that was going to change. Well, it is going to change is Douglas-Roberts wanted to get paid to play in the NBA next season.
This likely means more minutes for John Salmons and Correy Maggette, two guys proven to be able to put the ball in the net. We’ll have to wait until around Thanksgiving to see if Douglas-Roberts can fit in with that group.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 2
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48