Oct 25, 2010, 12:50 PM EDT
The Lakers will hang another banner up at Staples Center and get some gaudy rings.
But that’s not the only big storyline Tuesday night in Los Angeles — Yao Ming will be back on the court.
Rockets coach Rick Adelman had a decision to make: He isn’t going to play Yao on both ends of a back-to-back, so does he play him against the Lakers Tuesday or against the Warriors Wednesday?
Really wasn’t much of a decision — the league would have pressured the Rockets anyway, Adelman joked with the Chronicle. (via Ben Maller)
“I imagine he’ll play in the Laker game,” Adelman said. “They’ll probably tell us we have to play him anyway. It’s a TNT game.
“I think it’s probably better to have him play that game, and then we’ll go from there.”
You could make an argument that Yao’s size would have been a bigger advantage in the Bay Area Wednesday, but Tuesday against the Bynum-less Lakers it is. NBA globalization on display, just as David Stern would have wanted.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 43
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 6
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5