Oct 25, 2010, 12:50 PM EST
The Lakers will hang another banner up at Staples Center and get some gaudy rings.
But that’s not the only big storyline Tuesday night in Los Angeles — Yao Ming will be back on the court.
Rockets coach Rick Adelman had a decision to make: He isn’t going to play Yao on both ends of a back-to-back, so does he play him against the Lakers Tuesday or against the Warriors Wednesday?
Really wasn’t much of a decision — the league would have pressured the Rockets anyway, Adelman joked with the Chronicle. (via Ben Maller)
“I imagine he’ll play in the Laker game,” Adelman said. “They’ll probably tell us we have to play him anyway. It’s a TNT game.
“I think it’s probably better to have him play that game, and then we’ll go from there.”
You could make an argument that Yao’s size would have been a bigger advantage in the Bay Area Wednesday, but Tuesday against the Bynum-less Lakers it is. NBA globalization on display, just as David Stern would have wanted.
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 2
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 20
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 16
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42