Oct 25, 2010, 12:50 PM EDT
The Lakers will hang another banner up at Staples Center and get some gaudy rings.
But that’s not the only big storyline Tuesday night in Los Angeles — Yao Ming will be back on the court.
Rockets coach Rick Adelman had a decision to make: He isn’t going to play Yao on both ends of a back-to-back, so does he play him against the Lakers Tuesday or against the Warriors Wednesday?
Really wasn’t much of a decision — the league would have pressured the Rockets anyway, Adelman joked with the Chronicle. (via Ben Maller)
“I imagine he’ll play in the Laker game,” Adelman said. “They’ll probably tell us we have to play him anyway. It’s a TNT game.
“I think it’s probably better to have him play that game, and then we’ll go from there.”
You could make an argument that Yao’s size would have been a bigger advantage in the Bay Area Wednesday, but Tuesday against the Bynum-less Lakers it is. NBA globalization on display, just as David Stern would have wanted.
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 1
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 23
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 18
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19