Oct 25, 2010, 12:50 PM EDT
The Lakers will hang another banner up at Staples Center and get some gaudy rings.
But that’s not the only big storyline Tuesday night in Los Angeles — Yao Ming will be back on the court.
Rockets coach Rick Adelman had a decision to make: He isn’t going to play Yao on both ends of a back-to-back, so does he play him against the Lakers Tuesday or against the Warriors Wednesday?
Really wasn’t much of a decision — the league would have pressured the Rockets anyway, Adelman joked with the Chronicle. (via Ben Maller)
“I imagine he’ll play in the Laker game,” Adelman said. “They’ll probably tell us we have to play him anyway. It’s a TNT game.
“I think it’s probably better to have him play that game, and then we’ll go from there.”
You could make an argument that Yao’s size would have been a bigger advantage in the Bay Area Wednesday, but Tuesday against the Bynum-less Lakers it is. NBA globalization on display, just as David Stern would have wanted.
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 11
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 55
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23