Oct 25, 2010, 7:12 PM EDT
The Thunder have exercised their options on James Harden, Serge Ibaka, Eric Maynor, B.J. Mullens, Russell Westbrook, and D.J. White. Ibaka, Harden, Maynor, and Mullens all had third-year options, while Westbrook and White both had fourth-year options.
This transaction just shows how deep the Thunder’s pool of young talent is: they were able to sign a promising and versatile swingman going into his second year, a quality backup point, a promising talent and defensive dynamo in Ibaka, an intriguing if unproven big man prospect in Mullens, and one of the most exciting young point guards in the league to an extra year on the same day.
Nick Collison and Morris Peterson, who are set to make $6,750,000 and $6,665,000 next season, will be the highest-paid Thunder players in 2010/11. In 2011/12, only Kevin Durant is owed more than 6 million dollars.
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 0
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 11
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 10
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 31
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 25