Oct 25, 2010, 7:12 PM EDT
The Thunder have exercised their options on James Harden, Serge Ibaka, Eric Maynor, B.J. Mullens, Russell Westbrook, and D.J. White. Ibaka, Harden, Maynor, and Mullens all had third-year options, while Westbrook and White both had fourth-year options.
This transaction just shows how deep the Thunder’s pool of young talent is: they were able to sign a promising and versatile swingman going into his second year, a quality backup point, a promising talent and defensive dynamo in Ibaka, an intriguing if unproven big man prospect in Mullens, and one of the most exciting young point guards in the league to an extra year on the same day.
Nick Collison and Morris Peterson, who are set to make $6,750,000 and $6,665,000 next season, will be the highest-paid Thunder players in 2010/11. In 2011/12, only Kevin Durant is owed more than 6 million dollars.
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 5
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 21
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 40
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 46
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 36