Oct 25, 2010, 7:12 PM EST
The Thunder have exercised their options on James Harden, Serge Ibaka, Eric Maynor, B.J. Mullens, Russell Westbrook, and D.J. White. Ibaka, Harden, Maynor, and Mullens all had third-year options, while Westbrook and White both had fourth-year options.
This transaction just shows how deep the Thunder’s pool of young talent is: they were able to sign a promising and versatile swingman going into his second year, a quality backup point, a promising talent and defensive dynamo in Ibaka, an intriguing if unproven big man prospect in Mullens, and one of the most exciting young point guards in the league to an extra year on the same day.
Nick Collison and Morris Peterson, who are set to make $6,750,000 and $6,665,000 next season, will be the highest-paid Thunder players in 2010/11. In 2011/12, only Kevin Durant is owed more than 6 million dollars.
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 15
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 14
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 28
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2