Oct 25, 2010, 7:12 PM EDT
The Thunder have exercised their options on James Harden, Serge Ibaka, Eric Maynor, B.J. Mullens, Russell Westbrook, and D.J. White. Ibaka, Harden, Maynor, and Mullens all had third-year options, while Westbrook and White both had fourth-year options.
This transaction just shows how deep the Thunder’s pool of young talent is: they were able to sign a promising and versatile swingman going into his second year, a quality backup point, a promising talent and defensive dynamo in Ibaka, an intriguing if unproven big man prospect in Mullens, and one of the most exciting young point guards in the league to an extra year on the same day.
Nick Collison and Morris Peterson, who are set to make $6,750,000 and $6,665,000 next season, will be the highest-paid Thunder players in 2010/11. In 2011/12, only Kevin Durant is owed more than 6 million dollars.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 49
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 35
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18