Oct 25, 2010, 9:59 AM EST
UPDATE 6:28 pm: With no trade to be made, the Pacers decided to cut Magnum Rolle lose. Which means they traded up to get a guy in the second round they then cut.
9:59 am: Welcome to cut-down day. Today is the day NBA rosters need to be at 15 for the season.
The Indiana Pacers are at 16.
According to the Indianapolis Star, the Pacers have been looking for a 2-for-1 trade all weekend to get their roster down.
It’s a Jones trade, the Pacers want to package Dahntay Jones and Solomon Jones in a deal, according to the report. Combined that is $4 million in salary. So far, no takers.
If not, the Pacers have to cut someone and eat some money. Team president Larry Bird said they would do it if they have to.
Three players on the Pacers do not have fully-guaranteed deals, meaning if the Pacers buy them out they don’t have to pay the full amount of the salary — A.J. Price, Josh McRoberts and Magnum Rolle.
However, don’t be shocked if Solomon Jones is the guy cut anyway and the Pacers pay off the $1.5 million he is owed. But thinking about it and actually writing that check are two different things.
A last-minute trade would solve all that, but….
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 0
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 1
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 10
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 47
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12