Oct 25, 2010, 2:54 PM EDT
Nike Basketball’s track record has few blemishes. Their TV spots have taken form as commercial art since Jordan’s rise, and regardless of the player featured, manage to write new, meaningful lines to that player’s mythology. The newest player spotlighted in the Nike commercial catalog is no stranger to ad space, but still portrayed in a fashion befitting his relative talents, his personality, and his off-season.
Behold, “Rise,” featuring LeBron James. Watch, interpret the message for yourself, and spend the rest of your day getting rid of those goosebumps.
- PBT Extra: Can Jimmy Butler have success slowing LeBron James? 0
- PBT Extra: Dwight Howard, DeAndre Jordan matchup key part of Clippers vs. Rockets 0
- Stephen Curry wins MVP with 100 of 130 first-place votes, but James Harden closest second place in four years 17
- PBT Second Round Playoff Preview: Los Angeles Clippers vs. Houston Rockets 10
- Ginobili, Duncan, Popovich dance around questions about Spurs’ future 10
- Reports: Stephen Curry to be named MVP Monday 42
- Hawks start hot, finish cold, Wizards take Game 1 on road 104-98. 8
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Preview: Washington Wizards vs. Atlanta Hawks 4