Oct 25, 2010, 2:54 PM EDT
Nike Basketball’s track record has few blemishes. Their TV spots have taken form as commercial art since Jordan’s rise, and regardless of the player featured, manage to write new, meaningful lines to that player’s mythology. The newest player spotlighted in the Nike commercial catalog is no stranger to ad space, but still portrayed in a fashion befitting his relative talents, his personality, and his off-season.
Behold, “Rise,” featuring LeBron James. Watch, interpret the message for yourself, and spend the rest of your day getting rid of those goosebumps.
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 0
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 23
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 45
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 54
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23