Oct 25, 2010, 11:57 AM EDT
It makes sense. If the Miami Heat have a real weakness it’s at the five — they need all the centers they can get.
Staying is center Jamaal Magloire, who may be needed to be a banger in the paint in certain matchups this season. Like maybe Tuesday against Shaquille O’Neal and Boston.
No real surprise here. Still it has to be disappointing for Butler, a top college player at West Virginia who blew out his knee in the NCAA tournament, dropping him out of the first round as a pick, and now he is cut. He’ll be back and land on somebody’s roster next year.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 12
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 6
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7