Oct 25, 2010, 11:57 AM EDT
It makes sense. If the Miami Heat have a real weakness it’s at the five — they need all the centers they can get.
Staying is center Jamaal Magloire, who may be needed to be a banger in the paint in certain matchups this season. Like maybe Tuesday against Shaquille O’Neal and Boston.
No real surprise here. Still it has to be disappointing for Butler, a top college player at West Virginia who blew out his knee in the NCAA tournament, dropping him out of the first round as a pick, and now he is cut. He’ll be back and land on somebody’s roster next year.
- George Hill not yet cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks, remains a game-time decision 0
- Report: Bobcats changing name back to Hornets 14
- Dwyane Wade grants wish, shows up at girl’s senior prom 9
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson 38
- Report: Vinny Del Negro to meet with Clippers’ owner Donald Sterling this weekend 3
- Watch Live: Red Wings at Blackhawks
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- LIVE: Third round of the HP Byron Nelson Championship
- LIVE: Day 1 of Indy 500 Qualifying
- LIVE: Action from Hangtown Motocross Classic
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay