Oct 25, 2010, 11:57 AM EST
It makes sense. If the Miami Heat have a real weakness it’s at the five — they need all the centers they can get.
Staying is center Jamaal Magloire, who may be needed to be a banger in the paint in certain matchups this season. Like maybe Tuesday against Shaquille O’Neal and Boston.
No real surprise here. Still it has to be disappointing for Butler, a top college player at West Virginia who blew out his knee in the NCAA tournament, dropping him out of the first round as a pick, and now he is cut. He’ll be back and land on somebody’s roster next year.
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 0
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 22
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 51
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 21
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (53)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)