Oct 25, 2010, 11:57 AM EDT
It makes sense. If the Miami Heat have a real weakness it’s at the five — they need all the centers they can get.
Staying is center Jamaal Magloire, who may be needed to be a banger in the paint in certain matchups this season. Like maybe Tuesday against Shaquille O’Neal and Boston.
No real surprise here. Still it has to be disappointing for Butler, a top college player at West Virginia who blew out his knee in the NCAA tournament, dropping him out of the first round as a pick, and now he is cut. He’ll be back and land on somebody’s roster next year.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 11
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 7
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 6
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 10