Oct 25, 2010, 11:57 AM EDT
It makes sense. If the Miami Heat have a real weakness it’s at the five — they need all the centers they can get.
Staying is center Jamaal Magloire, who may be needed to be a banger in the paint in certain matchups this season. Like maybe Tuesday against Shaquille O’Neal and Boston.
No real surprise here. Still it has to be disappointing for Butler, a top college player at West Virginia who blew out his knee in the NCAA tournament, dropping him out of the first round as a pick, and now he is cut. He’ll be back and land on somebody’s roster next year.
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 4
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 78
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 8
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 77
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 26
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 45
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17