Oct 25, 2010, 9:21 PM EDT
Gilbert Arenas — the guy who said he was injured when he was not during the preseason so he could skip a game — may miss the Washington Wizards first game of the season, according to the Associated Press.
Arenas has had a sprained ankle already and had some fluid buildup on Monday, so he sat out his second straight day of practice. Arenas is basically day-to-day with no word on if he’ll play the season opener.
The one break for the Wizards is they do not start until Thursday (most of the league starts Wednesday, six teams start Tuesday). The Wizards open on the road in the new Amway Center in Orlando.
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 5
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 10
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 4
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18