Oct 25, 2010, 9:21 PM EDT
Gilbert Arenas — the guy who said he was injured when he was not during the preseason so he could skip a game — may miss the Washington Wizards first game of the season, according to the Associated Press.
Arenas has had a sprained ankle already and had some fluid buildup on Monday, so he sat out his second straight day of practice. Arenas is basically day-to-day with no word on if he’ll play the season opener.
The one break for the Wizards is they do not start until Thursday (most of the league starts Wednesday, six teams start Tuesday). The Wizards open on the road in the new Amway Center in Orlando.
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 3
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 24
- Craig Sager has acute leukemia 28
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 6