Oct 25, 2010, 9:21 PM EST
Gilbert Arenas — the guy who said he was injured when he was not during the preseason so he could skip a game — may miss the Washington Wizards first game of the season, according to the Associated Press.
Arenas has had a sprained ankle already and had some fluid buildup on Monday, so he sat out his second straight day of practice. Arenas is basically day-to-day with no word on if he’ll play the season opener.
The one break for the Wizards is they do not start until Thursday (most of the league starts Wednesday, six teams start Tuesday). The Wizards open on the road in the new Amway Center in Orlando.
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 1
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 34
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 17
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11