Oct 25, 2010, 9:21 PM EDT
Gilbert Arenas — the guy who said he was injured when he was not during the preseason so he could skip a game — may miss the Washington Wizards first game of the season, according to the Associated Press.
Arenas has had a sprained ankle already and had some fluid buildup on Monday, so he sat out his second straight day of practice. Arenas is basically day-to-day with no word on if he’ll play the season opener.
The one break for the Wizards is they do not start until Thursday (most of the league starts Wednesday, six teams start Tuesday). The Wizards open on the road in the new Amway Center in Orlando.
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 2
- Report: Mavericks looking to move No. 13 pick to clear out cap space for run at Howard, CP3 28
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 13
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 19
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 6
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- LIVE: Heat host Pacers in Game 1 of East finals
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games