Oct 25, 2010, 9:21 PM EDT
Gilbert Arenas — the guy who said he was injured when he was not during the preseason so he could skip a game — may miss the Washington Wizards first game of the season, according to the Associated Press.
Arenas has had a sprained ankle already and had some fluid buildup on Monday, so he sat out his second straight day of practice. Arenas is basically day-to-day with no word on if he’ll play the season opener.
The one break for the Wizards is they do not start until Thursday (most of the league starts Wednesday, six teams start Tuesday). The Wizards open on the road in the new Amway Center in Orlando.
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 4
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 19
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 12
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 31
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 10
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 25