Oct 23, 2010, 3:49 PM EDT
In last night’s Raptors preseason finale, DeMar DeRozan dislocated his finger. I’m not talking like “oh, it got bent out of shape” like your cranky boss gets bents out of shape. I’m saying his finger was placed in a position to which it is not natural to point. I’m not kidding. It was gross. Seriously G-R-O-S-S. Don’t believe me?
DeRozan popped it back into place, which I can only imagine is one of the most pleasant experiences known to man. He then returned to action and played. If I dislocated my finger, you would not be reading any words from me. I would be done. Still, it’s a bad start for the Raptors. Beyond, you know, losing their franchise player, having their first round pick tear a meniscus and generally be expected to fail this season.
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 12
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 20
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 13
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42