Oct 22, 2010, 8:14 AM EDT
The only day an NBA player is healthy is the first day of training camp.
It seems especially true this season. Is there a team that does not have a couple guys already banged up and starting the season with a nagging injury?
Add the Warriors and Stephen Curry to the list.
He had to leave Thursday night’s game with the Lakers after spraining an ankle trying to keep up with Steve Blake. Yes, Steve Blake. Yes, that is pretty crazy but there you go.
Warriors’ fans hearts were in their throats when he limped off the court (and especially with the broadcasters talking about a knee injury, which turned out to be wrong). But a little while later Curry was out and trying to walk off whatever it was.
After the game Rusty Simmons of the San Francisco Chronicle tweeted that Curry is now day-to-day. Which means he will rest through the weekend, but you can expect him back Wednesday when the Warriors start the season against the Rockets.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 21
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 15
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25