Oct 22, 2010, 8:14 AM EST
The only day an NBA player is healthy is the first day of training camp.
It seems especially true this season. Is there a team that does not have a couple guys already banged up and starting the season with a nagging injury?
Add the Warriors and Stephen Curry to the list.
He had to leave Thursday night’s game with the Lakers after spraining an ankle trying to keep up with Steve Blake. Yes, Steve Blake. Yes, that is pretty crazy but there you go.
Warriors’ fans hearts were in their throats when he limped off the court (and especially with the broadcasters talking about a knee injury, which turned out to be wrong). But a little while later Curry was out and trying to walk off whatever it was.
After the game Rusty Simmons of the San Francisco Chronicle tweeted that Curry is now day-to-day. Which means he will rest through the weekend, but you can expect him back Wednesday when the Warriors start the season against the Rockets.
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 0
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 7
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 12
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 16