Oct 22, 2010, 8:14 AM EDT
The only day an NBA player is healthy is the first day of training camp.
It seems especially true this season. Is there a team that does not have a couple guys already banged up and starting the season with a nagging injury?
Add the Warriors and Stephen Curry to the list.
He had to leave Thursday night’s game with the Lakers after spraining an ankle trying to keep up with Steve Blake. Yes, Steve Blake. Yes, that is pretty crazy but there you go.
Warriors’ fans hearts were in their throats when he limped off the court (and especially with the broadcasters talking about a knee injury, which turned out to be wrong). But a little while later Curry was out and trying to walk off whatever it was.
After the game Rusty Simmons of the San Francisco Chronicle tweeted that Curry is now day-to-day. Which means he will rest through the weekend, but you can expect him back Wednesday when the Warriors start the season against the Rockets.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 17
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 29
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 5
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 47
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 15
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23