Oct 22, 2010, 8:14 AM EDT
The only day an NBA player is healthy is the first day of training camp.
It seems especially true this season. Is there a team that does not have a couple guys already banged up and starting the season with a nagging injury?
Add the Warriors and Stephen Curry to the list.
He had to leave Thursday night’s game with the Lakers after spraining an ankle trying to keep up with Steve Blake. Yes, Steve Blake. Yes, that is pretty crazy but there you go.
Warriors’ fans hearts were in their throats when he limped off the court (and especially with the broadcasters talking about a knee injury, which turned out to be wrong). But a little while later Curry was out and trying to walk off whatever it was.
After the game Rusty Simmons of the San Francisco Chronicle tweeted that Curry is now day-to-day. Which means he will rest through the weekend, but you can expect him back Wednesday when the Warriors start the season against the Rockets.
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 16
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 9
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61