Oct 21, 2010, 9:29 AM EST
Dallas center Tyson Chandler may be limited the rest of training camp after injuring his hand in Wednesday night’s preseason game.
But expect him to be ready to go when the Mavericks open the season next Wednesday against Chandler’s old team, the Charlotte Bobcats.
Chandler cut his hand trying to block a Dwight Howard layup late in the first half and left the game bleeding and grimacing in pain, according to the Associated Press. It took a couple stitches to close it back up, and he did not return.
Chandler himself said it would take about a week to heal, which would take him right up to when the games that matter.
Brendan Haywood started the second half, and he may be the guy that starts come the regular season, he has seen more minutes in the preseason. However, Chandler has played well in limited minutes this preseason, shooting 68 percent and generally being efficient coming off his summer spent with Team USA at the FIBA World Championships in Turkey.
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 0
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 6
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 7
- The Extra Pass: The shot that won’t fade away, and Thursday’s recaps 2
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 7
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)