Oct 21, 2010, 9:29 AM EST
Dallas center Tyson Chandler may be limited the rest of training camp after injuring his hand in Wednesday night’s preseason game.
But expect him to be ready to go when the Mavericks open the season next Wednesday against Chandler’s old team, the Charlotte Bobcats.
Chandler cut his hand trying to block a Dwight Howard layup late in the first half and left the game bleeding and grimacing in pain, according to the Associated Press. It took a couple stitches to close it back up, and he did not return.
Chandler himself said it would take about a week to heal, which would take him right up to when the games that matter.
Brendan Haywood started the second half, and he may be the guy that starts come the regular season, he has seen more minutes in the preseason. However, Chandler has played well in limited minutes this preseason, shooting 68 percent and generally being efficient coming off his summer spent with Team USA at the FIBA World Championships in Turkey.
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 1
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 17
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 8
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 32
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 31