Oct 21, 2010, 9:29 AM EDT
Dallas center Tyson Chandler may be limited the rest of training camp after injuring his hand in Wednesday night’s preseason game.
But expect him to be ready to go when the Mavericks open the season next Wednesday against Chandler’s old team, the Charlotte Bobcats.
Chandler cut his hand trying to block a Dwight Howard layup late in the first half and left the game bleeding and grimacing in pain, according to the Associated Press. It took a couple stitches to close it back up, and he did not return.
Chandler himself said it would take about a week to heal, which would take him right up to when the games that matter.
Brendan Haywood started the second half, and he may be the guy that starts come the regular season, he has seen more minutes in the preseason. However, Chandler has played well in limited minutes this preseason, shooting 68 percent and generally being efficient coming off his summer spent with Team USA at the FIBA World Championships in Turkey.
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 0
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 8
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 5
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 35
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 4
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 14
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3