Oct 21, 2010, 9:29 AM EDT
Dallas center Tyson Chandler may be limited the rest of training camp after injuring his hand in Wednesday night’s preseason game.
But expect him to be ready to go when the Mavericks open the season next Wednesday against Chandler’s old team, the Charlotte Bobcats.
Chandler cut his hand trying to block a Dwight Howard layup late in the first half and left the game bleeding and grimacing in pain, according to the Associated Press. It took a couple stitches to close it back up, and he did not return.
Chandler himself said it would take about a week to heal, which would take him right up to when the games that matter.
Brendan Haywood started the second half, and he may be the guy that starts come the regular season, he has seen more minutes in the preseason. However, Chandler has played well in limited minutes this preseason, shooting 68 percent and generally being efficient coming off his summer spent with Team USA at the FIBA World Championships in Turkey.
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 9
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 6