Oct 21, 2010, 9:29 AM EDT
Dallas center Tyson Chandler may be limited the rest of training camp after injuring his hand in Wednesday night’s preseason game.
But expect him to be ready to go when the Mavericks open the season next Wednesday against Chandler’s old team, the Charlotte Bobcats.
Chandler cut his hand trying to block a Dwight Howard layup late in the first half and left the game bleeding and grimacing in pain, according to the Associated Press. It took a couple stitches to close it back up, and he did not return.
Chandler himself said it would take about a week to heal, which would take him right up to when the games that matter.
Brendan Haywood started the second half, and he may be the guy that starts come the regular season, he has seen more minutes in the preseason. However, Chandler has played well in limited minutes this preseason, shooting 68 percent and generally being efficient coming off his summer spent with Team USA at the FIBA World Championships in Turkey.
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 0
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 16
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 13
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 37
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 25
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger