Oct 21, 2010, 8:08 PM EDT
The Knicks have once again stepped up their efforts to trade for Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony, and they’re getting some help from an unlikely source: director/superfan Spike Lee.
The Knicks have risen from the dead and are back in the Carmelo Anthony hunt, thanks partly to filmmaker Spike Lee.
According to a source familiar with the situation, Walsh has been motivated by information from Lee, a Knicks season-ticket-holder, that Anthony’s first choice is far and away the Knicks. According to the source, Anthony has had several conversations in recent weeks with Lee, who has in turn informed Knicks brass of Anthony’s feelings.
“Carmelo definitely, 100 percent wants to be a Knick,” the source said.Lee does not work for the organization, so the talks are not considered tampering.
Interesting stuff, although outside of offering Nuggets general manager Masai Ujiri an executive producer position on his next film, I’m not sure there’s much Lee would be able to do that would actually get the Nuggets to approve a Carmelo trade. Still, if these reports are true, it could be an awkward season for Denver if they don’t manage to move Anthony before the season starts.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 17
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 21
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona