Oct 21, 2010, 9:32 PM EST
And we have another soon-to-be member of our new reality series Lakers Wives…
Sasha Vujacic is engaged to tennis star Maria Sharapova, something confirmed by Lakers.com’s Mike Trudell. Apparently she has been given a massive ring… insert your own joke here about Lakers knowing how to buy rings. The couple has not set a date, Vujacic said.
Just to save the tabloids time — Sashapova. There’s your nickname.
Vujacic had sat out the last few days after suffering a concussion at the elbow of Lamar Odom (that’s Mr. Kardashian to you), but he returned to the floor Thursday night. Vujacic is battling for playing time behind Kobe Bryant with Shannon Brown, who just got engaged to R&B singer Monica. Only on the Lakers.
Vujacic and Sharapova have been dating for about a year and he was seen working out this summer at the IMG Academy in Florida, where a couple hundred yards away Sharapova was training for the U.S. Open.
Sharapova has fallen to 18th in the world after a series of injuries have both sidelined her and hampered her when she has been on the court. Still, she is one of the most marketable names in tennis, a former world No. 1 who has won Wimbledon, the US Open and two Australian Opens (damn red clay or she’d have the career grand slam).
So let’s run down the cast for our soon-to-be-pitched reality series “Lakers Wives”: Khloe Kardashian (Lamar Odom), Monica (Shannon Brown), Vanessa Bryant (Kobe), Jeanie Buss (Phil Jackson) and now Sharapova. Pau Gasol’s girlfriend Silvia Lopez Castro is already a reality television star in Spain, we can throw her in the mix.
We can sell that to E!, no problem. And it will be more entertaining than the George Lopez show. Easily.
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 6
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 7
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 40
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 18