Oct 21, 2010, 9:32 PM EDT
And we have another soon-to-be member of our new reality series Lakers Wives…
Sasha Vujacic is engaged to tennis star Maria Sharapova, something confirmed by Lakers.com’s Mike Trudell. Apparently she has been given a massive ring… insert your own joke here about Lakers knowing how to buy rings. The couple has not set a date, Vujacic said.
Just to save the tabloids time — Sashapova. There’s your nickname.
Vujacic had sat out the last few days after suffering a concussion at the elbow of Lamar Odom (that’s Mr. Kardashian to you), but he returned to the floor Thursday night. Vujacic is battling for playing time behind Kobe Bryant with Shannon Brown, who just got engaged to R&B singer Monica. Only on the Lakers.
Vujacic and Sharapova have been dating for about a year and he was seen working out this summer at the IMG Academy in Florida, where a couple hundred yards away Sharapova was training for the U.S. Open.
Sharapova has fallen to 18th in the world after a series of injuries have both sidelined her and hampered her when she has been on the court. Still, she is one of the most marketable names in tennis, a former world No. 1 who has won Wimbledon, the US Open and two Australian Opens (damn red clay or she’d have the career grand slam).
So let’s run down the cast for our soon-to-be-pitched reality series “Lakers Wives”: Khloe Kardashian (Lamar Odom), Monica (Shannon Brown), Vanessa Bryant (Kobe), Jeanie Buss (Phil Jackson) and now Sharapova. Pau Gasol’s girlfriend Silvia Lopez Castro is already a reality television star in Spain, we can throw her in the mix.
We can sell that to E!, no problem. And it will be more entertaining than the George Lopez show. Easily.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17