Oct 21, 2010, 1:17 AM EST
Michael Jordan can afford the very best. The nicest homes, the sweetest vacations, dinner in the finest restaurants, the best basketball teams (in North Carolina anyway), those really nice Hanes T-shirts that don’t go all bacon neck… wait, he probably gets those for free. But he could afford them.
And the fastest cars. Specifically, he owned a Mercedes McLaren SLR 722, which can top out at over 200 and gets to that speed really, really quickly. Notice we said owned, not driven — because in the three years he had this car he racked up 962 miles. So mostly he just looks at his very expensive car.
And you can, too — it is up for auction at eBay (hat tip to Dwyer at Ball Don’t Lie). For a cool $430,000 you can park it in your driveway and not take it out on the road just like his Airness. Or you could go crazy and drive a car that costs more than most homes. You know, use it for what it was intended. Even take it through the McDonald’s drive through just to see people’s faces.
Yes, it’s expensive. Sure, you were going to use that money to buy a house or get your mom that operation she needs… but MJ drove this car. You need it more.
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 5
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 13
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 26
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 8
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 3