Oct 21, 2010, 1:17 AM EDT
Michael Jordan can afford the very best. The nicest homes, the sweetest vacations, dinner in the finest restaurants, the best basketball teams (in North Carolina anyway), those really nice Hanes T-shirts that don’t go all bacon neck… wait, he probably gets those for free. But he could afford them.
And the fastest cars. Specifically, he owned a Mercedes McLaren SLR 722, which can top out at over 200 and gets to that speed really, really quickly. Notice we said owned, not driven — because in the three years he had this car he racked up 962 miles. So mostly he just looks at his very expensive car.
And you can, too — it is up for auction at eBay (hat tip to Dwyer at Ball Don’t Lie). For a cool $430,000 you can park it in your driveway and not take it out on the road just like his Airness. Or you could go crazy and drive a car that costs more than most homes. You know, use it for what it was intended. Even take it through the McDonald’s drive through just to see people’s faces.
Yes, it’s expensive. Sure, you were going to use that money to buy a house or get your mom that operation she needs… but MJ drove this car. You need it more.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 0
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 21
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 21
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9