Oct 21, 2010, 1:17 AM EDT
Michael Jordan can afford the very best. The nicest homes, the sweetest vacations, dinner in the finest restaurants, the best basketball teams (in North Carolina anyway), those really nice Hanes T-shirts that don’t go all bacon neck… wait, he probably gets those for free. But he could afford them.
And the fastest cars. Specifically, he owned a Mercedes McLaren SLR 722, which can top out at over 200 and gets to that speed really, really quickly. Notice we said owned, not driven — because in the three years he had this car he racked up 962 miles. So mostly he just looks at his very expensive car.
And you can, too — it is up for auction at eBay (hat tip to Dwyer at Ball Don’t Lie). For a cool $430,000 you can park it in your driveway and not take it out on the road just like his Airness. Or you could go crazy and drive a car that costs more than most homes. You know, use it for what it was intended. Even take it through the McDonald’s drive through just to see people’s faces.
Yes, it’s expensive. Sure, you were going to use that money to buy a house or get your mom that operation she needs… but MJ drove this car. You need it more.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 13
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 9
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15