Oct 21, 2010, 8:50 AM EST
Unfortunately, yesterday we all missed out on Charles Oakley’s “world famous turkey burgers,” which he was serving up in a food truck set up near Battery Park in Manhattan. The entire thing recorded by a film crew.
Former Knicks star Charles Oakley is pitching a series with Media Meld Studios called “Oak in the Kitchen,” which would revolve around Oakley’s efforts to launch a food-truck business (he’s already made a fortune with a string of successful car washes).
First off, he made a fortune playing basketball, $45.6 million over his career.
Here’s the thing — Oakley loves to cook. He’s good at it, apparently. But this isn’t the first time he has put together a food show pitch. He’s just now moved it into the trendy world of food trucks. Whatever the form, Oakley’s desire to be the next Mario Batali lives on.
I’d watch. If for no other reason then to see how a 6’8” guy can work in a cramped food truck.
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 3
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 11
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 16
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 4
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 23
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 13
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 49