Oct 21, 2010, 8:50 AM EDT
Unfortunately, yesterday we all missed out on Charles Oakley’s “world famous turkey burgers,” which he was serving up in a food truck set up near Battery Park in Manhattan. The entire thing recorded by a film crew.
Former Knicks star Charles Oakley is pitching a series with Media Meld Studios called “Oak in the Kitchen,” which would revolve around Oakley’s efforts to launch a food-truck business (he’s already made a fortune with a string of successful car washes).
First off, he made a fortune playing basketball, $45.6 million over his career.
Here’s the thing — Oakley loves to cook. He’s good at it, apparently. But this isn’t the first time he has put together a food show pitch. He’s just now moved it into the trendy world of food trucks. Whatever the form, Oakley’s desire to be the next Mario Batali lives on.
I’d watch. If for no other reason then to see how a 6’8” guy can work in a cramped food truck.
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 5
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 9
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 22
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 3
- Pacers’ troubles continue as Hawks convincingly win Game 1 32