Oct 21, 2010, 8:50 AM EDT
Unfortunately, yesterday we all missed out on Charles Oakley’s “world famous turkey burgers,” which he was serving up in a food truck set up near Battery Park in Manhattan. The entire thing recorded by a film crew.
Former Knicks star Charles Oakley is pitching a series with Media Meld Studios called “Oak in the Kitchen,” which would revolve around Oakley’s efforts to launch a food-truck business (he’s already made a fortune with a string of successful car washes).
First off, he made a fortune playing basketball, $45.6 million over his career.
Here’s the thing — Oakley loves to cook. He’s good at it, apparently. But this isn’t the first time he has put together a food show pitch. He’s just now moved it into the trendy world of food trucks. Whatever the form, Oakley’s desire to be the next Mario Batali lives on.
I’d watch. If for no other reason then to see how a 6’8” guy can work in a cramped food truck.
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 8
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 13
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 21
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 34