Oct 21, 2010, 8:50 AM EDT
Unfortunately, yesterday we all missed out on Charles Oakley’s “world famous turkey burgers,” which he was serving up in a food truck set up near Battery Park in Manhattan. The entire thing recorded by a film crew.
Former Knicks star Charles Oakley is pitching a series with Media Meld Studios called “Oak in the Kitchen,” which would revolve around Oakley’s efforts to launch a food-truck business (he’s already made a fortune with a string of successful car washes).
First off, he made a fortune playing basketball, $45.6 million over his career.
Here’s the thing — Oakley loves to cook. He’s good at it, apparently. But this isn’t the first time he has put together a food show pitch. He’s just now moved it into the trendy world of food trucks. Whatever the form, Oakley’s desire to be the next Mario Batali lives on.
I’d watch. If for no other reason then to see how a 6’8” guy can work in a cramped food truck.
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 3
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 10
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 4
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18