Oct 20, 2010, 8:13 AM EDT
On the night of New Year’s day, when your hangover is finally gone and you settle in for a disappointing Fiesta Bowl featuring Oklahoma and Utah, something else may catch your attention.
Kenyon Martin may be back in an NBA game.
George Karl said Tuesday that he hoped to have Martin back by Jan. 1, and Chris Anderson back a month earlier, according to the official Nuggets twitter account.
Martin has said he’s not racing back from offseason knee surgery, which will mean more minutes for Al Harrington in the short term. But as frustrated as Martin may be this is a contract year for him, so having a bad attitude or making the knee surgery look worse than it actually was does not benefit him.
With a healthy front line of the Birdman, Martin, Nene and Harrington the Nuggets are one of the few teams that could at least challenge the Lakers front line. But that is a long way off and a lot of things could change in Denver between now and then.
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 2
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 4
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 12
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 58
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (93)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (71)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (65)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights