Oct 20, 2010, 9:23 AM EDT
At least in Greece when something like this happened he could numb the pain with Ouzo…
The Suns Josh Childress fractured the fingertip on the index finger of his right hand (his shooting hand) during the Suns Tuesday night exhibition game against the Warriors, according to the Associated Press.
He will sit out a week, missing the Hawks last two preseason games, then will be re-evaluated before the season opener Oct. 27 against Memphis.
The injury happened on a contested dunk midway through the fourth quarter of the game. Childress came out, but then returned to the game a couple minutes later and played the last five minutes. He missed his last three shots, which tends to happen when you are playing with a broken finger on your shooting hand.
So far this preseason Childress has been very efficient, scoring 8 points a game off the bench shooting 57 percent.
- Josh McRoberts fined $20,000 for forearm foul to LeBron’s throat 19
- Oscar Robertson says if he were Carmelo Anthony “I would leave today” 39
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 7
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 24
- Thursday NBA playoff previews: Which Indiana team shows up? 11