Oct 20, 2010, 9:23 AM EST
At least in Greece when something like this happened he could numb the pain with Ouzo…
The Suns Josh Childress fractured the fingertip on the index finger of his right hand (his shooting hand) during the Suns Tuesday night exhibition game against the Warriors, according to the Associated Press.
He will sit out a week, missing the Hawks last two preseason games, then will be re-evaluated before the season opener Oct. 27 against Memphis.
The injury happened on a contested dunk midway through the fourth quarter of the game. Childress came out, but then returned to the game a couple minutes later and played the last five minutes. He missed his last three shots, which tends to happen when you are playing with a broken finger on your shooting hand.
So far this preseason Childress has been very efficient, scoring 8 points a game off the bench shooting 57 percent.
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 9
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 4
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16