Oct 20, 2010, 9:23 AM EST
At least in Greece when something like this happened he could numb the pain with Ouzo…
The Suns Josh Childress fractured the fingertip on the index finger of his right hand (his shooting hand) during the Suns Tuesday night exhibition game against the Warriors, according to the Associated Press.
He will sit out a week, missing the Hawks last two preseason games, then will be re-evaluated before the season opener Oct. 27 against Memphis.
The injury happened on a contested dunk midway through the fourth quarter of the game. Childress came out, but then returned to the game a couple minutes later and played the last five minutes. He missed his last three shots, which tends to happen when you are playing with a broken finger on your shooting hand.
So far this preseason Childress has been very efficient, scoring 8 points a game off the bench shooting 57 percent.
- Kevin Hart to write, star in movie with LeBron James 1
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 3
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 7
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 16
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 12
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)