Oct 20, 2010, 9:23 AM EDT
At least in Greece when something like this happened he could numb the pain with Ouzo…
The Suns Josh Childress fractured the fingertip on the index finger of his right hand (his shooting hand) during the Suns Tuesday night exhibition game against the Warriors, according to the Associated Press.
He will sit out a week, missing the Hawks last two preseason games, then will be re-evaluated before the season opener Oct. 27 against Memphis.
The injury happened on a contested dunk midway through the fourth quarter of the game. Childress came out, but then returned to the game a couple minutes later and played the last five minutes. He missed his last three shots, which tends to happen when you are playing with a broken finger on your shooting hand.
So far this preseason Childress has been very efficient, scoring 8 points a game off the bench shooting 57 percent.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30