Oct 20, 2010, 9:23 AM EDT
At least in Greece when something like this happened he could numb the pain with Ouzo…
The Suns Josh Childress fractured the fingertip on the index finger of his right hand (his shooting hand) during the Suns Tuesday night exhibition game against the Warriors, according to the Associated Press.
He will sit out a week, missing the Hawks last two preseason games, then will be re-evaluated before the season opener Oct. 27 against Memphis.
The injury happened on a contested dunk midway through the fourth quarter of the game. Childress came out, but then returned to the game a couple minutes later and played the last five minutes. He missed his last three shots, which tends to happen when you are playing with a broken finger on your shooting hand.
So far this preseason Childress has been very efficient, scoring 8 points a game off the bench shooting 57 percent.
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 1
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 3
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 20
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 7
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 42