Oct 20, 2010, 1:11 PM EDT
The end of the Heat bench — the guys we’re talking about today then likely not mentioning again all season — is starting to shake itself out.
What that means is that there is one more cut — point guard Patrick Beverley or Da’Sean Butler. The smart money says that it is Beverley, as he is shooting 28 percent this preseason and all he can do is play a little defense (which others do better at the point in Miami). While Butler is injured and would provide little this season, he has a lot more promise and with this roster the Heat can afford to wait.
Or they could cut Jamaal Magloire, but that is not likely considering how the Heat needs every big body it can get, no matter the quality of play. They will need the fouls for hack-a-Shaq someday.
Randolph and Hasbrouck do get a nice parting gift — both had $250,000 guarantees in their deal. Not a bad paycheck and they likely will be playing somewhere (the D-League or Europe) this season.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 27
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 40
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4