Oct 20, 2010, 1:11 PM EDT
The end of the Heat bench — the guys we’re talking about today then likely not mentioning again all season — is starting to shake itself out.
What that means is that there is one more cut — point guard Patrick Beverley or Da’Sean Butler. The smart money says that it is Beverley, as he is shooting 28 percent this preseason and all he can do is play a little defense (which others do better at the point in Miami). While Butler is injured and would provide little this season, he has a lot more promise and with this roster the Heat can afford to wait.
Or they could cut Jamaal Magloire, but that is not likely considering how the Heat needs every big body it can get, no matter the quality of play. They will need the fouls for hack-a-Shaq someday.
Randolph and Hasbrouck do get a nice parting gift — both had $250,000 guarantees in their deal. Not a bad paycheck and they likely will be playing somewhere (the D-League or Europe) this season.
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 8
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 19
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 30