Oct 20, 2010, 1:11 PM EDT
The end of the Heat bench — the guys we’re talking about today then likely not mentioning again all season — is starting to shake itself out.
What that means is that there is one more cut — point guard Patrick Beverley or Da’Sean Butler. The smart money says that it is Beverley, as he is shooting 28 percent this preseason and all he can do is play a little defense (which others do better at the point in Miami). While Butler is injured and would provide little this season, he has a lot more promise and with this roster the Heat can afford to wait.
Or they could cut Jamaal Magloire, but that is not likely considering how the Heat needs every big body it can get, no matter the quality of play. They will need the fouls for hack-a-Shaq someday.
Randolph and Hasbrouck do get a nice parting gift — both had $250,000 guarantees in their deal. Not a bad paycheck and they likely will be playing somewhere (the D-League or Europe) this season.
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 10
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 9
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 40
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73