Oct 20, 2010, 1:11 PM EST
The end of the Heat bench — the guys we’re talking about today then likely not mentioning again all season — is starting to shake itself out.
What that means is that there is one more cut — point guard Patrick Beverley or Da’Sean Butler. The smart money says that it is Beverley, as he is shooting 28 percent this preseason and all he can do is play a little defense (which others do better at the point in Miami). While Butler is injured and would provide little this season, he has a lot more promise and with this roster the Heat can afford to wait.
Or they could cut Jamaal Magloire, but that is not likely considering how the Heat needs every big body it can get, no matter the quality of play. They will need the fouls for hack-a-Shaq someday.
Randolph and Hasbrouck do get a nice parting gift — both had $250,000 guarantees in their deal. Not a bad paycheck and they likely will be playing somewhere (the D-League or Europe) this season.
- Duke’s Jabari Parker doesn’t back away from Carmelo Anthony comparison 5
- Michael Carter-Williams returns to Sixers lineup Friday against Nets 5
- Report: Bulls not looking to trade Luol Deng. Why would you think that? 14
- Kendrick Perkins tells Joakim Noah to “get your a– up out’ of Thunder locker room 35
- The Extra Pass: Chicago’s never-ending story, plus Thursday’s recaps 2
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (70)
- LeBron did foul Paul George on final shot but there was no call (VIDEO) (60)
- Chicago columnist hammers Derrick Rose as no longer humble star (56)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- LeBron angrily goes after Mario Chalmers on the Heat bench (VIDEO) (50)