Oct 20, 2010, 1:11 PM EDT
The end of the Heat bench — the guys we’re talking about today then likely not mentioning again all season — is starting to shake itself out.
What that means is that there is one more cut — point guard Patrick Beverley or Da’Sean Butler. The smart money says that it is Beverley, as he is shooting 28 percent this preseason and all he can do is play a little defense (which others do better at the point in Miami). While Butler is injured and would provide little this season, he has a lot more promise and with this roster the Heat can afford to wait.
Or they could cut Jamaal Magloire, but that is not likely considering how the Heat needs every big body it can get, no matter the quality of play. They will need the fouls for hack-a-Shaq someday.
Randolph and Hasbrouck do get a nice parting gift — both had $250,000 guarantees in their deal. Not a bad paycheck and they likely will be playing somewhere (the D-League or Europe) this season.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 0
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 8
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 20
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15