Oct 20, 2010, 6:30 PM EST
Doug Collins is going to miss the final Philadelphia 76ers preseason game tonight.
Not because watching Evan Turner shoot is hard to bear — although at 31.8 percent shooting for the preseason it’s not helping — but because he is still recovering from symptoms of a concussion that forced him to miss Philly’s preseason loss to the Cavaliers last night as well.
The good news is he will return to the practice floor on Friday to help the Sixers prepare for their season opener against the Heat next Wednesday, according to the Philadelphia Daily News.
Collins suffered the concussion with a slip and fall in a coffee shop back on Memorial Day weekend. After a relapse of symptoms this week, Collins was taken to a neurologist in the Philadelphia area for more tests.
Good to hear Collins will be back to watch Turner matched up on Dwyane Wade next Wednesday. That will be fun.
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 0
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 7
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 12
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 16