Oct 20, 2010, 6:30 PM EDT
Doug Collins is going to miss the final Philadelphia 76ers preseason game tonight.
Not because watching Evan Turner shoot is hard to bear — although at 31.8 percent shooting for the preseason it’s not helping — but because he is still recovering from symptoms of a concussion that forced him to miss Philly’s preseason loss to the Cavaliers last night as well.
The good news is he will return to the practice floor on Friday to help the Sixers prepare for their season opener against the Heat next Wednesday, according to the Philadelphia Daily News.
Collins suffered the concussion with a slip and fall in a coffee shop back on Memorial Day weekend. After a relapse of symptoms this week, Collins was taken to a neurologist in the Philadelphia area for more tests.
Good to hear Collins will be back to watch Turner matched up on Dwyane Wade next Wednesday. That will be fun.
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 8
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 24
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 15
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7