Oct 20, 2010, 6:30 PM EST
Doug Collins is going to miss the final Philadelphia 76ers preseason game tonight.
Not because watching Evan Turner shoot is hard to bear — although at 31.8 percent shooting for the preseason it’s not helping — but because he is still recovering from symptoms of a concussion that forced him to miss Philly’s preseason loss to the Cavaliers last night as well.
The good news is he will return to the practice floor on Friday to help the Sixers prepare for their season opener against the Heat next Wednesday, according to the Philadelphia Daily News.
Collins suffered the concussion with a slip and fall in a coffee shop back on Memorial Day weekend. After a relapse of symptoms this week, Collins was taken to a neurologist in the Philadelphia area for more tests.
Good to hear Collins will be back to watch Turner matched up on Dwyane Wade next Wednesday. That will be fun.
- Report: JaVale McGee close to signing with Celtics 12
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 13
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 12
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18