Oct 20, 2010, 7:22 PM EST
Here’s the report, courtesy of FanHouse’s Sam Amick:
Houston forward Chuck Hayes has a sprained right ankle and will miss the Rockets final two preseason games.
Even though Hayes is extremely undersized for the center position and completely lacking anything resembling offensive skills, he’s carved out a successful niche for himself in the NBA thanks to his motor, strength, rebounding acumen, and phenomenal defense. Even though Hayes doesn’t put up big numbers, the Rockets will want him back as soon as possible, especially with Yao Ming playing limited minutes this season.
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 4
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 10
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 5
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 8
- Shane Battier on Carmelo Anthony: ‘Last two years I guarded him, he did exactly what the scouting report said he would’ 15
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 18