Oct 20, 2010, 7:22 PM EDT
Here’s the report, courtesy of FanHouse’s Sam Amick:
Houston forward Chuck Hayes has a sprained right ankle and will miss the Rockets final two preseason games.
Even though Hayes is extremely undersized for the center position and completely lacking anything resembling offensive skills, he’s carved out a successful niche for himself in the NBA thanks to his motor, strength, rebounding acumen, and phenomenal defense. Even though Hayes doesn’t put up big numbers, the Rockets will want him back as soon as possible, especially with Yao Ming playing limited minutes this season.
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 0
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 1
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 1
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13