Oct 19, 2010, 1:11 AM EDT
The Miami Heat have been racking up injuries this preseason like an NFL team so far, including LeBron James missing some time with a tight hamstring.
If you were worried that hamstring was going to linger, worry no more — James moved well, had his jumper going and had 33 points on 10 of 17. He was 5 of 10 from the outside (although his first jumper was an air ball).
“I felt really good,” LeBron admitted. “I got some work in today, and even though I felt confident about my leg going in, I had to test it in game-type situations.”
That doesn’t mean the Heat are injury free by a longshot. Mike Miller tweaked his ankle in the first quarter but tried to play on it, then in the second half aggravated it again and had to come out of this game. No word yet on how serious this is but he likely will miss at least a few days at least.
Dwyane Wade is reportedly moving well and feeling 100 percent, but he was not in the building. He is still in Chicago testifying in his child custody case.
Point guard Mario Chalmers remains out with high ankle sprain, however, point guard Carlos Arroyo did return from injury to play 22 minutes Monday.
By the way, the Bobcats won the game 102-96.
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 0
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 2
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 35
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 24
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte