Oct 19, 2010, 1:11 AM EDT
The Miami Heat have been racking up injuries this preseason like an NFL team so far, including LeBron James missing some time with a tight hamstring.
If you were worried that hamstring was going to linger, worry no more — James moved well, had his jumper going and had 33 points on 10 of 17. He was 5 of 10 from the outside (although his first jumper was an air ball).
“I felt really good,” LeBron admitted. “I got some work in today, and even though I felt confident about my leg going in, I had to test it in game-type situations.”
That doesn’t mean the Heat are injury free by a longshot. Mike Miller tweaked his ankle in the first quarter but tried to play on it, then in the second half aggravated it again and had to come out of this game. No word yet on how serious this is but he likely will miss at least a few days at least.
Dwyane Wade is reportedly moving well and feeling 100 percent, but he was not in the building. He is still in Chicago testifying in his child custody case.
Point guard Mario Chalmers remains out with high ankle sprain, however, point guard Carlos Arroyo did return from injury to play 22 minutes Monday.
By the way, the Bobcats won the game 102-96.
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 25
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 44
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 15
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 8
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 55