Oct 19, 2010, 6:48 PM EDT
Eddie House has been cleared to get off the bench and go… well, to the Miami Heat bench. But from there get in the game.
House will practice with the team Wednesday, play a little Thursday against the Hawks and should be good to go when the Heat open the season next Tuesday in Boston.
That is great news for the Heat, who could use the depth and another shooter, something House brings to the table.
As for the more pressing injury to Dwyane Wade, he remains in Chicago testifying in his child custody trial with his ex-wife. He was not expected to play Thursday, but no official word yet on if he will go in the season opener.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 0
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 5
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 58
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 64
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 22
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 40
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8