Oct 19, 2010, 6:48 PM EDT
Eddie House has been cleared to get off the bench and go… well, to the Miami Heat bench. But from there get in the game.
House will practice with the team Wednesday, play a little Thursday against the Hawks and should be good to go when the Heat open the season next Tuesday in Boston.
That is great news for the Heat, who could use the depth and another shooter, something House brings to the table.
As for the more pressing injury to Dwyane Wade, he remains in Chicago testifying in his child custody trial with his ex-wife. He was not expected to play Thursday, but no official word yet on if he will go in the season opener.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 24
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 69
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30