Oct 18, 2010, 2:31 PM EDT
New television show most often pitched at Lakers games this season? A reality program called “Lakers’ Wives” because now you can throw R&B singer Monica into the mix.
Well, soon anyway, but Monica and Shannon Brown are engaged. She tweeted over the weekend a picture of her new ring (and Prince-like hair), thanking her supporters for their love. (Thanks to Gary at Lakers Nation for the tip.)
Brown and Monica filmed a video before — “Love all over me” — and had been an item ever since, but had kept things quiet. Brown, by his nature, is one of the more private people in the Lakers locker room. This will be the second marriage for Monica, who recently divorced rapper Rodney “Rocko” Hill Jr., who she had been with for a decade and had two children with.
So there is Khloe Kardashian, Vanessa Bryant, soon Monica and if we can just throw Jeanie Buss into the mix you’ve got the makings of a hit. Never going to happen, but if you think that it won’t come up five times every Lakers game this season among the Hollywood bigwigs on their Blackberries in the good seats, you are kidding yourself.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 71
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8