Oct 18, 2010, 6:04 PM EST
The New Orleans Hornets announced today that they have waived 26-year old guard Mustafa Shakur, who had signed a partially guaranteed contract with the team earlier this off-season. The Hornets’ recent acquisition of guard Curtis Jerrells made this move all but inevitable.
The former Arizona standout has come achingly close to making an NBA rotation a few times in his professional career, but it hasn’t quite happened for him yet — Shakur was a Lakers summer league invite in 2009 and signed a 10-day contract with the Thunder, but never appeared in a game for either team.
Shakur was named a D-League All-Star in 2010, and also has professional experience overseas.
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Amar’e Stoudemire played well? Yes. Yes he did. 2
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 2
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 10
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 13
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9