Oct 18, 2010, 2:55 PM EST
Doc Rivers is day-to-day.
The official Celtics twitter account noted that Rivers missed Monday’s Celtics practice to have a minor throat operation on Sunday. That is to relieve pressure on his vocal chords, according to Chris Mannix at Sports Illustrated.
Lawrence Frank ran the practice for the Celtics.
Rivers could be back at practice as soon as Tuesday. He may be yelling a little less than normal, but that would be just fine. Kevin Garnett will pick up the slack there anyway.
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 1
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 1
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 15
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)