Oct 18, 2010, 2:55 PM EST
Doc Rivers is day-to-day.
The official Celtics twitter account noted that Rivers missed Monday’s Celtics practice to have a minor throat operation on Sunday. That is to relieve pressure on his vocal chords, according to Chris Mannix at Sports Illustrated.
Lawrence Frank ran the practice for the Celtics.
Rivers could be back at practice as soon as Tuesday. He may be yelling a little less than normal, but that would be just fine. Kevin Garnett will pick up the slack there anyway.
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 9
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 9
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 45
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17