Oct 18, 2010, 2:55 PM EST
Doc Rivers is day-to-day.
The official Celtics twitter account noted that Rivers missed Monday’s Celtics practice to have a minor throat operation on Sunday. That is to relieve pressure on his vocal chords, according to Chris Mannix at Sports Illustrated.
Lawrence Frank ran the practice for the Celtics.
Rivers could be back at practice as soon as Tuesday. He may be yelling a little less than normal, but that would be just fine. Kevin Garnett will pick up the slack there anyway.
- Wesley Matthews’ injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 11
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14