Oct 18, 2010, 2:55 PM EST
Doc Rivers is day-to-day.
The official Celtics twitter account noted that Rivers missed Monday’s Celtics practice to have a minor throat operation on Sunday. That is to relieve pressure on his vocal chords, according to Chris Mannix at Sports Illustrated.
Lawrence Frank ran the practice for the Celtics.
Rivers could be back at practice as soon as Tuesday. He may be yelling a little less than normal, but that would be just fine. Kevin Garnett will pick up the slack there anyway.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 15
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 9
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 25
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8