Oct 18, 2010, 8:15 AM EST
The Pacers are deep in wing players — Mike Dunleavy, Brandon Rush, James Posey and rookie Paul George. But none of them are as good as Danny Granger. Not even close.
“It swelled right up,” Pacers coach Jim O’Brien said about their best offensive player. “I don’t know how long it’s going to take for him to get healed. Clearly we need him to be healthy. But we can’t do anything about that until we find out how severely sprained it is.”
The predicted timeline would have Granger back in time for the season opening a week from Wednesday in San Antonio. Pacers fans need to pray that prediction is right — this team needs to put up a lot of points to win, and Granger is the best player they have. They need him.
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 6
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 29
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 10
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5