Oct 18, 2010, 8:15 AM EDT
The Pacers are deep in wing players — Mike Dunleavy, Brandon Rush, James Posey and rookie Paul George. But none of them are as good as Danny Granger. Not even close.
“It swelled right up,” Pacers coach Jim O’Brien said about their best offensive player. “I don’t know how long it’s going to take for him to get healed. Clearly we need him to be healthy. But we can’t do anything about that until we find out how severely sprained it is.”
The predicted timeline would have Granger back in time for the season opening a week from Wednesday in San Antonio. Pacers fans need to pray that prediction is right — this team needs to put up a lot of points to win, and Granger is the best player they have. They need him.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 18
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 37
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85