Oct 18, 2010, 8:15 AM EDT
The Pacers are deep in wing players — Mike Dunleavy, Brandon Rush, James Posey and rookie Paul George. But none of them are as good as Danny Granger. Not even close.
“It swelled right up,” Pacers coach Jim O’Brien said about their best offensive player. “I don’t know how long it’s going to take for him to get healed. Clearly we need him to be healthy. But we can’t do anything about that until we find out how severely sprained it is.”
The predicted timeline would have Granger back in time for the season opening a week from Wednesday in San Antonio. Pacers fans need to pray that prediction is right — this team needs to put up a lot of points to win, and Granger is the best player they have. They need him.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 16
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 4
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 23
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10