Oct 18, 2010, 8:15 AM EST
The Pacers are deep in wing players — Mike Dunleavy, Brandon Rush, James Posey and rookie Paul George. But none of them are as good as Danny Granger. Not even close.
“It swelled right up,” Pacers coach Jim O’Brien said about their best offensive player. “I don’t know how long it’s going to take for him to get healed. Clearly we need him to be healthy. But we can’t do anything about that until we find out how severely sprained it is.”
The predicted timeline would have Granger back in time for the season opening a week from Wednesday in San Antonio. Pacers fans need to pray that prediction is right — this team needs to put up a lot of points to win, and Granger is the best player they have. They need him.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 0
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 19
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18