Oct 18, 2010, 8:15 AM EDT
The Pacers are deep in wing players — Mike Dunleavy, Brandon Rush, James Posey and rookie Paul George. But none of them are as good as Danny Granger. Not even close.
“It swelled right up,” Pacers coach Jim O’Brien said about their best offensive player. “I don’t know how long it’s going to take for him to get healed. Clearly we need him to be healthy. But we can’t do anything about that until we find out how severely sprained it is.”
The predicted timeline would have Granger back in time for the season opening a week from Wednesday in San Antonio. Pacers fans need to pray that prediction is right — this team needs to put up a lot of points to win, and Granger is the best player they have. They need him.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 7
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 19
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 54
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65