Oct 17, 2010, 8:33 PM EDT
Finally, Saturday night Lou Amundson got in a preseason game with the Golden State Warriors.
And now he is out again. For a while.
Amundson fractured that finger in the fourth quarter of Saturday night’s game against Portland and now will need surgery on that finger, according to Matt Steinmetz of CSNBayArea.com.
No date for the surgery has been set, and it is not known how long he will be out. But finger surgery on your shooting hand, you’re talking a couple months here, most likely.
Amundson was expected to be the first big off the bench for Golden State. He’s an energy guy who is strong on the boards — he is a very good offensive rebounder — plus a pretty efficient scorer. It’s a hit for the Warriors and will likely mean more burn for Dan Gadzuric. Not ideal. So maybe coach Keith Smart will just up the minutes for David Lee until Amundson can get back.
Amundson had battled back injurues through camps, so on the bright side those should get time to heal.
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 60
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59