Oct 17, 2010, 8:33 PM EDT
Finally, Saturday night Lou Amundson got in a preseason game with the Golden State Warriors.
And now he is out again. For a while.
Amundson fractured that finger in the fourth quarter of Saturday night’s game against Portland and now will need surgery on that finger, according to Matt Steinmetz of CSNBayArea.com.
No date for the surgery has been set, and it is not known how long he will be out. But finger surgery on your shooting hand, you’re talking a couple months here, most likely.
Amundson was expected to be the first big off the bench for Golden State. He’s an energy guy who is strong on the boards — he is a very good offensive rebounder — plus a pretty efficient scorer. It’s a hit for the Warriors and will likely mean more burn for Dan Gadzuric. Not ideal. So maybe coach Keith Smart will just up the minutes for David Lee until Amundson can get back.
Amundson had battled back injurues through camps, so on the bright side those should get time to heal.
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 32
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 10
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 15
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 16
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 23