Oct 17, 2010, 8:33 PM EST
Finally, Saturday night Lou Amundson got in a preseason game with the Golden State Warriors.
And now he is out again. For a while.
Amundson fractured that finger in the fourth quarter of Saturday night’s game against Portland and now will need surgery on that finger, according to Matt Steinmetz of CSNBayArea.com.
No date for the surgery has been set, and it is not known how long he will be out. But finger surgery on your shooting hand, you’re talking a couple months here, most likely.
Amundson was expected to be the first big off the bench for Golden State. He’s an energy guy who is strong on the boards — he is a very good offensive rebounder — plus a pretty efficient scorer. It’s a hit for the Warriors and will likely mean more burn for Dan Gadzuric. Not ideal. So maybe coach Keith Smart will just up the minutes for David Lee until Amundson can get back.
Amundson had battled back injurues through camps, so on the bright side those should get time to heal.
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 5
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 5
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9