Oct 17, 2010, 8:33 PM EDT
Finally, Saturday night Lou Amundson got in a preseason game with the Golden State Warriors.
And now he is out again. For a while.
Amundson fractured that finger in the fourth quarter of Saturday night’s game against Portland and now will need surgery on that finger, according to Matt Steinmetz of CSNBayArea.com.
No date for the surgery has been set, and it is not known how long he will be out. But finger surgery on your shooting hand, you’re talking a couple months here, most likely.
Amundson was expected to be the first big off the bench for Golden State. He’s an energy guy who is strong on the boards — he is a very good offensive rebounder — plus a pretty efficient scorer. It’s a hit for the Warriors and will likely mean more burn for Dan Gadzuric. Not ideal. So maybe coach Keith Smart will just up the minutes for David Lee until Amundson can get back.
Amundson had battled back injurues through camps, so on the bright side those should get time to heal.
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 38
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 42
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 5