Oct 17, 2010, 8:33 PM EDT
Finally, Saturday night Lou Amundson got in a preseason game with the Golden State Warriors.
And now he is out again. For a while.
Amundson fractured that finger in the fourth quarter of Saturday night’s game against Portland and now will need surgery on that finger, according to Matt Steinmetz of CSNBayArea.com.
No date for the surgery has been set, and it is not known how long he will be out. But finger surgery on your shooting hand, you’re talking a couple months here, most likely.
Amundson was expected to be the first big off the bench for Golden State. He’s an energy guy who is strong on the boards — he is a very good offensive rebounder — plus a pretty efficient scorer. It’s a hit for the Warriors and will likely mean more burn for Dan Gadzuric. Not ideal. So maybe coach Keith Smart will just up the minutes for David Lee until Amundson can get back.
Amundson had battled back injurues through camps, so on the bright side those should get time to heal.
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 4
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 10
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 4
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 45
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7
- Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace 33