Oct 17, 2010, 11:52 PM EDT
We don’t really know how good this Heat team will be — the big three have spent just over three minutes together on the court so far. It’s been a bit of a wasted preseason for the Heat. The players get it and have said they are not looking too far ahead yet.
The fans… they are looking ahead.
Miami fans, David Stern may share your dream of a Heat/Lakers finals but, um, there’s the little issue of Boston and Orlando out East. Got to get by them before you can earn a shot at the Lakers.
That would be the Celtics with the long front line you will struggle to match up with. That would be the Orlando Magic that are going to run a point guard/center pick and roll that attacks your two weakest positions.
Heat fans, you are going to have a good team But you look past the rest of the East at your own peril. And you just gave them some bulletin board material.
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 3
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 9
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15