Oct 17, 2010, 11:52 PM EDT
We don’t really know how good this Heat team will be — the big three have spent just over three minutes together on the court so far. It’s been a bit of a wasted preseason for the Heat. The players get it and have said they are not looking too far ahead yet.
The fans… they are looking ahead.
Miami fans, David Stern may share your dream of a Heat/Lakers finals but, um, there’s the little issue of Boston and Orlando out East. Got to get by them before you can earn a shot at the Lakers.
That would be the Celtics with the long front line you will struggle to match up with. That would be the Orlando Magic that are going to run a point guard/center pick and roll that attacks your two weakest positions.
Heat fans, you are going to have a good team But you look past the rest of the East at your own peril. And you just gave them some bulletin board material.
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 2
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 4
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 29
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 16
- Popovich explains decision to sit Duncan late in regulation of Game 6 14
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (79)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- LIVE: Stanley Cup Final Game 4 pregame show
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record