Oct 17, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
Brandon Bass hasn’t been happy since his plane landed in Orlando. He apparently felt he was coming in to provide the true legit power forward next to Dwight Howard. He was underutilized in New Orleans, then wound up in Dallas where he made a name for himself. But after finally getting his payday with Orlando, he found out that Stan Van Gundy doesn’t really use traditional power forwards much. He wound up scrapping with Ryan Anderson for the backup PF spot, and losing it, winding up as a sparse per-minute player, despite the obvious need for him versus the Celtics in the Eastern Conference Finals.
Now, with Rashard Lewis spending more time at small forward, Bass still isn’t expected to get minutes. And the Orlando Sentinel reports that he’s on the trade block again. The Sentinel reports he was on the block last season but no offers peaked Orlando’s interest. But with him blowing it up in preseason, the offers might increase. We’re also not going to mention that there’s a certain Western Conference team looking to trade an All-Star who would look for a power forward in the deal.
Bass has produced well. His defense is lacking but his real problem is that he’s in a system which doesn’t speak to his talents at all. He’s not a stretch-the-floor guy, he’s a post-player with a slight midrange. Another spot and he could wind up with the minutes he’s been chasing for years. The question is exactly when Orlando will call it quits on the Bass experiment and get some assets that they can use.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 3
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 15
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 4
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 46
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 36
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 15
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23