Oct 15, 2010, 11:40 AM EDT
Just a rule of thumb — anytime an NBA player not named Lamar or Carmelo shows up on TMZ, it’s a bad thing. (Those two get a pass due to their wives.)
Eddy Curry, come on down…
Curry is being sued — once again — for non-payment, according to TMZ.
Curry is being sued by a company called Mojo Development — who claims they loaned the 7-footer $200,000 back in 2008 … but Curry never paid it back.
According to the lawsuit, filed days ago in L.A. County Superior Court, Curry is also on the hook for a $25k “consulting fee” and $136,000 in interest from the loan.
Curry’s financial troubles are well chronicled. He had a judge issuing an arrest warrant back in July, he had three of his cars repossessed for non-payment, now this.
Just for the record, Curry has made $57 million in his NBA career and will make $11.2 million this season.
But good news Knicks fans, he is working out — and the sky’s the limit. No, not his weight, his potential. Seriously. So says Anthony Mason, the guy put in charge of working him out. The New York Post has the quote.
“If you get Eddy back on the court, the sky’s the limit,” Mason said after practice yesterday. “I think if he continues to work hard, then he has the talent. With the additions that they have on the team now, you imagine getting him back on the court how he was some years ago. Along with Stoudemire and Raymond Felton and the new additions, it could be awesome.”
We’re just here to help provide your daily belly laugh.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32