Oct 15, 2010, 11:40 AM EDT
Just a rule of thumb — anytime an NBA player not named Lamar or Carmelo shows up on TMZ, it’s a bad thing. (Those two get a pass due to their wives.)
Eddy Curry, come on down…
Curry is being sued — once again — for non-payment, according to TMZ.
Curry is being sued by a company called Mojo Development — who claims they loaned the 7-footer $200,000 back in 2008 … but Curry never paid it back.
According to the lawsuit, filed days ago in L.A. County Superior Court, Curry is also on the hook for a $25k “consulting fee” and $136,000 in interest from the loan.
Curry’s financial troubles are well chronicled. He had a judge issuing an arrest warrant back in July, he had three of his cars repossessed for non-payment, now this.
Just for the record, Curry has made $57 million in his NBA career and will make $11.2 million this season.
But good news Knicks fans, he is working out — and the sky’s the limit. No, not his weight, his potential. Seriously. So says Anthony Mason, the guy put in charge of working him out. The New York Post has the quote.
“If you get Eddy back on the court, the sky’s the limit,” Mason said after practice yesterday. “I think if he continues to work hard, then he has the talent. With the additions that they have on the team now, you imagine getting him back on the court how he was some years ago. Along with Stoudemire and Raymond Felton and the new additions, it could be awesome.”
We’re just here to help provide your daily belly laugh.
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 6
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 2
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 6