Oct 15, 2010, 11:40 AM EST
Just a rule of thumb — anytime an NBA player not named Lamar or Carmelo shows up on TMZ, it’s a bad thing. (Those two get a pass due to their wives.)
Eddy Curry, come on down…
Curry is being sued — once again — for non-payment, according to TMZ.
Curry is being sued by a company called Mojo Development — who claims they loaned the 7-footer $200,000 back in 2008 … but Curry never paid it back.
According to the lawsuit, filed days ago in L.A. County Superior Court, Curry is also on the hook for a $25k “consulting fee” and $136,000 in interest from the loan.
Curry’s financial troubles are well chronicled. He had a judge issuing an arrest warrant back in July, he had three of his cars repossessed for non-payment, now this.
Just for the record, Curry has made $57 million in his NBA career and will make $11.2 million this season.
But good news Knicks fans, he is working out — and the sky’s the limit. No, not his weight, his potential. Seriously. So says Anthony Mason, the guy put in charge of working him out. The New York Post has the quote.
“If you get Eddy back on the court, the sky’s the limit,” Mason said after practice yesterday. “I think if he continues to work hard, then he has the talent. With the additions that they have on the team now, you imagine getting him back on the court how he was some years ago. Along with Stoudemire and Raymond Felton and the new additions, it could be awesome.”
We’re just here to help provide your daily belly laugh.
- Monday night NBA Grades: DeMarcus Cousins was in beast mode 0
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 3
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 3
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 17
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)