Oct 15, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
Dwyane Wade wasn’t going to take the court and practice with he Miami Heat today — his lingering hamstring injury would have seen to that — but Wade had a more important place to be today anyway.
He is in Chicago to testify in a custody case for his twin sons, part of his divorce proceedings, according to our own Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
Even before camp started Heat officials knew it was likely Wade would miss a day or two of camp to testify in the case.
The Heat are hosting an open-to-the-public scrimmage Sunday then have a preseason game on Monday. Wade is not expected to participate in either of those yet as they are being cautious with his return so his hamstring does not become a lingering issue.
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 24
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 27
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4