Oct 15, 2010, 12:30 PM EST
Dwyane Wade wasn’t going to take the court and practice with he Miami Heat today — his lingering hamstring injury would have seen to that — but Wade had a more important place to be today anyway.
He is in Chicago to testify in a custody case for his twin sons, part of his divorce proceedings, according to our own Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
Even before camp started Heat officials knew it was likely Wade would miss a day or two of camp to testify in the case.
The Heat are hosting an open-to-the-public scrimmage Sunday then have a preseason game on Monday. Wade is not expected to participate in either of those yet as they are being cautious with his return so his hamstring does not become a lingering issue.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 7
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 1
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 2
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 23
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9