Oct 15, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
Dwyane Wade wasn’t going to take the court and practice with he Miami Heat today — his lingering hamstring injury would have seen to that — but Wade had a more important place to be today anyway.
He is in Chicago to testify in a custody case for his twin sons, part of his divorce proceedings, according to our own Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
Even before camp started Heat officials knew it was likely Wade would miss a day or two of camp to testify in the case.
The Heat are hosting an open-to-the-public scrimmage Sunday then have a preseason game on Monday. Wade is not expected to participate in either of those yet as they are being cautious with his return so his hamstring does not become a lingering issue.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 21
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13