Oct 15, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
Dwyane Wade wasn’t going to take the court and practice with he Miami Heat today — his lingering hamstring injury would have seen to that — but Wade had a more important place to be today anyway.
He is in Chicago to testify in a custody case for his twin sons, part of his divorce proceedings, according to our own Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
Even before camp started Heat officials knew it was likely Wade would miss a day or two of camp to testify in the case.
The Heat are hosting an open-to-the-public scrimmage Sunday then have a preseason game on Monday. Wade is not expected to participate in either of those yet as they are being cautious with his return so his hamstring does not become a lingering issue.
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 9
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 13
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Houston Rockets vs. Dallas Mavericks 15