Oct 15, 2010, 12:30 PM EST
Dwyane Wade wasn’t going to take the court and practice with he Miami Heat today — his lingering hamstring injury would have seen to that — but Wade had a more important place to be today anyway.
He is in Chicago to testify in a custody case for his twin sons, part of his divorce proceedings, according to our own Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
Even before camp started Heat officials knew it was likely Wade would miss a day or two of camp to testify in the case.
The Heat are hosting an open-to-the-public scrimmage Sunday then have a preseason game on Monday. Wade is not expected to participate in either of those yet as they are being cautious with his return so his hamstring does not become a lingering issue.
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 5
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 17
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 6
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31