Oct 14, 2010, 11:42 AM EDT
Seems everywhere you look in the NBA right now guys are banged up and playing through pain, like you normally see in March. Not October.
Add Rookie of the Year Tyreke Evans to the list, the Sacramento King guard drove the lane against the Lakers with 7:09 left, twisted his left ankle and came out of the game the rest of the way.
Actually, it was a little worse than that, he told the Sacramento Bee, Evans got two for the price of one.
“I turned this one on a fast break on (Lakers guard) Steve Blake, and I twisted it,” Evans said, pointing to his right ankle. “On the next one, I came down on (Lakers center) Theo Ratliff and twisted it. The left one hurts more…”
“For me, it seems like (this injury) happens all the time,” Evans said. “The way I play, I get to the basket.”
It also does not look that serious — Evans will not practice today but thought he would be back in a couple days. The team has not made an official statement on his status yet.
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 18
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony (VIDEO) 18
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 11
- Preview: Knicks try to continue longshot comeback in Indiana 8
- George Hill cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks 10
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay