Oct 14, 2010, 10:57 PM EST
Gilbert Arenas, meet instant Karma.
Arenas suffered a mild groin strain and had to leave after playing just three minutes into the Wizards preseason game against the Milwaukee Bucks Thursday night. He did not return to the game.
The injury comes just two days after Arenas admitted faking an injury so he could sit out a preseason game and teammate Nick Young could get more time. Arenas later apologized and was fined by the team for his actions.
The injury has been called minor by the Wizards although there is no word on how much time Arenas will miss. The team called keeping him out of the second half “precautionary.”
Arenas had entered the game off the bench midway through the first quarter. This was Arenas’ first game back at Verizon Center since his gun charges and suspension, and he was greeted with loud cheers from throughout the building. Wizards fans are clearly sticking with Arenas right now and welcoming him back into the fold.
They’re just going to have to wait a little longer to see him play much.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 6
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 31
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10