Oct 14, 2010, 10:57 PM EDT
Gilbert Arenas, meet instant Karma.
Arenas suffered a mild groin strain and had to leave after playing just three minutes into the Wizards preseason game against the Milwaukee Bucks Thursday night. He did not return to the game.
The injury comes just two days after Arenas admitted faking an injury so he could sit out a preseason game and teammate Nick Young could get more time. Arenas later apologized and was fined by the team for his actions.
The injury has been called minor by the Wizards although there is no word on how much time Arenas will miss. The team called keeping him out of the second half “precautionary.”
Arenas had entered the game off the bench midway through the first quarter. This was Arenas’ first game back at Verizon Center since his gun charges and suspension, and he was greeted with loud cheers from throughout the building. Wizards fans are clearly sticking with Arenas right now and welcoming him back into the fold.
They’re just going to have to wait a little longer to see him play much.
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 3
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 33
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 31
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 58
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25