Oct 14, 2010, 10:57 PM EDT
Gilbert Arenas, meet instant Karma.
Arenas suffered a mild groin strain and had to leave after playing just three minutes into the Wizards preseason game against the Milwaukee Bucks Thursday night. He did not return to the game.
The injury comes just two days after Arenas admitted faking an injury so he could sit out a preseason game and teammate Nick Young could get more time. Arenas later apologized and was fined by the team for his actions.
The injury has been called minor by the Wizards although there is no word on how much time Arenas will miss. The team called keeping him out of the second half “precautionary.”
Arenas had entered the game off the bench midway through the first quarter. This was Arenas’ first game back at Verizon Center since his gun charges and suspension, and he was greeted with loud cheers from throughout the building. Wizards fans are clearly sticking with Arenas right now and welcoming him back into the fold.
They’re just going to have to wait a little longer to see him play much.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 24
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 27
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8