Oct 14, 2010, 10:57 PM EST
Gilbert Arenas, meet instant Karma.
Arenas suffered a mild groin strain and had to leave after playing just three minutes into the Wizards preseason game against the Milwaukee Bucks Thursday night. He did not return to the game.
The injury comes just two days after Arenas admitted faking an injury so he could sit out a preseason game and teammate Nick Young could get more time. Arenas later apologized and was fined by the team for his actions.
The injury has been called minor by the Wizards although there is no word on how much time Arenas will miss. The team called keeping him out of the second half “precautionary.”
Arenas had entered the game off the bench midway through the first quarter. This was Arenas’ first game back at Verizon Center since his gun charges and suspension, and he was greeted with loud cheers from throughout the building. Wizards fans are clearly sticking with Arenas right now and welcoming him back into the fold.
They’re just going to have to wait a little longer to see him play much.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 9
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 8
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 13
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8