Oct 14, 2010, 10:15 AM EDT
LeBron James sat out Wednesday night’s Heat preseason game, joining Dwyane Wade in some normally very expensive courtside seats.
So how bad is the hamstring injury he suffered the game before? Not that bad, the team says. The Heat are just being cautious because it’s preseason, coach Erik Spoelstra told Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
“He’s feeling better. He’s getting treatment,” Spoelstra told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. “My guess is if it was a regular-season game, it probably would have been a game-time decision to play. So he’s feeling much better.”
It is officially classified as “hamstring tightness.” James may practice on Friday, The Heat do not have a preseason game until next Monday against he Charlotte, although James continues to miss practices.
- Spurs/Grizzlies preview: Game 2 will be closer, but will that be enough for Memphis? 0
- Report: Dwight Howard told Lakers GM he was frustrated with D’Antoni 22
- Durant, Thunder players tweet out support for Oklahoma City 6
- Brothers allege entourage of Damian Lillard beat them for taking his picture 18
- Amar’e Stoudemire still thinks Knicks’ front court trio can work 17
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (119)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (87)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (73)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay