Oct 14, 2010, 11:33 PM EST
Preseason games aren’t just for working out kinks on the court.
The Orlando Magic just turned on the lights and christened the new Amway Center a couple nights before, but Thursday night those lights went out. Literally.
The main house lights in the arena dimmed for player introductions — as they do in all buildings — but due to a malfunction the lights didn’t come back up for 25 minutes, delaying the start of the game.
Some players kept warming up and the Magic tried to keep the fans entertained (they even broke out the “kiss cam” early).
The game eventually started Magic went on to beat the Bobcats 86-73.
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 1
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 17
- LeBron James likely to start at center for Eastern Conference All-Stars 9
- Report: Sixers a viable trade destination for Omer Asik 11
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 7
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (46)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)