Oct 14, 2010, 11:33 PM EDT
Preseason games aren’t just for working out kinks on the court.
The Orlando Magic just turned on the lights and christened the new Amway Center a couple nights before, but Thursday night those lights went out. Literally.
The main house lights in the arena dimmed for player introductions — as they do in all buildings — but due to a malfunction the lights didn’t come back up for 25 minutes, delaying the start of the game.
Some players kept warming up and the Magic tried to keep the fans entertained (they even broke out the “kiss cam” early).
The game eventually started Magic went on to beat the Bobcats 86-73.
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 42
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 88
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 57
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59