Oct 14, 2010, 11:33 PM EDT
Preseason games aren’t just for working out kinks on the court.
The Orlando Magic just turned on the lights and christened the new Amway Center a couple nights before, but Thursday night those lights went out. Literally.
The main house lights in the arena dimmed for player introductions — as they do in all buildings — but due to a malfunction the lights didn’t come back up for 25 minutes, delaying the start of the game.
Some players kept warming up and the Magic tried to keep the fans entertained (they even broke out the “kiss cam” early).
The game eventually started Magic went on to beat the Bobcats 86-73.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 15
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 44
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 53
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11