Oct 14, 2010, 11:33 PM EDT
Preseason games aren’t just for working out kinks on the court.
The Orlando Magic just turned on the lights and christened the new Amway Center a couple nights before, but Thursday night those lights went out. Literally.
The main house lights in the arena dimmed for player introductions — as they do in all buildings — but due to a malfunction the lights didn’t come back up for 25 minutes, delaying the start of the game.
Some players kept warming up and the Magic tried to keep the fans entertained (they even broke out the “kiss cam” early).
The game eventually started Magic went on to beat the Bobcats 86-73.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 39
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18