Oct 14, 2010, 6:40 PM EDT
The Nuggets have a couple of young bucks running their front office.
There is Masai Ujiri, who got hired in the general manager role this summer (even though the formal title is vice president of basketball operations, he’s still a GM). But he answers to the guy with the ultimate power, soon-to-be-owner Josh Kronke, who has worked his way up through the Nugget front office. Two young guys who are getting their first real chance at the big time.
Of course, if you listen to the whispers of other teams dealing with the Nuggets on Carmelo Anthony, there was not once clear voice out of Denver, nor one clear mind and vision. It felt like they needed some guidance.
D’Alessandro was the general manager of the Golden State Warriors and has been in NBA front offices for years. He’s a lawyer, a guy who understands and can work the cap, and a voice of experience the Nuggets may well value. Of course, he’s also a guy who gave oversized contracts to Troy Murphy and Mike Dunleavy, so you may not want all his wisdom.
Of course, that’s another voice and another set of ideas in the Denver brain trust. We’ll see if a veteran voice can get them all on the same page.
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 18
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 30
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19
- John Calipari says he was not close to going to Cleveland. LeBron or not. 12
- Report: Shawn Marion commits to play with Cavaliers, LeBron James 47