Oct 14, 2010, 6:19 PM EST
The NBA has just announced that Toronto Raptors forward Joey Dorsey has been suspended for one game for “swinging his arm at the head” of Bulls forward Brian Scalabrine in the fourth quarter of the Bulls-Raptors game that took place on October 12th.
The suspension will mean that Dorsey will have to sit out the first game of the regular season. The 6-8 Memphis product averaged 7.1 minutes of play in 15 games last season. The Raptors’ first regular season game will be played against the New York Knicks on October 27th.
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 0
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 30
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 16
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6