Oct 14, 2010, 6:19 PM EDT
The NBA has just announced that Toronto Raptors forward Joey Dorsey has been suspended for one game for “swinging his arm at the head” of Bulls forward Brian Scalabrine in the fourth quarter of the Bulls-Raptors game that took place on October 12th.
The suspension will mean that Dorsey will have to sit out the first game of the regular season. The 6-8 Memphis product averaged 7.1 minutes of play in 15 games last season. The Raptors’ first regular season game will be played against the New York Knicks on October 27th.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 10
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 19
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14