Oct 14, 2010, 8:23 AM EDT
Just what the Sixers needed — another big man down.
Marreese Speights left the team’s preseason game against the Raptors in the third quarter with what has been termed a strained hamstring, according to Philly.com’s Kate Fagan.
Speights was trying to save a ball from going out of bounds when he stepped awkwardly. He instantly started to waive over trainers and medical staff.
No official word on how long Speights will be out, it could be anywhere from a week to a month. Coach Doug Collins did not seem to think it was serious. Still it is a hamstring, an injury can linger, the Sixers and Speights are better off getting this right so when he begins coming off the bench in the regular season he doesn’t aggravate it.
Spencer Hawes is out for a couple weeks. If both Hawes and Speights are out, Elton Brand could end up playing center again.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 19
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 7
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 34
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 24
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2