Oct 14, 2010, 8:23 AM EDT
Just what the Sixers needed — another big man down.
Marreese Speights left the team’s preseason game against the Raptors in the third quarter with what has been termed a strained hamstring, according to Philly.com’s Kate Fagan.
Speights was trying to save a ball from going out of bounds when he stepped awkwardly. He instantly started to waive over trainers and medical staff.
No official word on how long Speights will be out, it could be anywhere from a week to a month. Coach Doug Collins did not seem to think it was serious. Still it is a hamstring, an injury can linger, the Sixers and Speights are better off getting this right so when he begins coming off the bench in the regular season he doesn’t aggravate it.
Spencer Hawes is out for a couple weeks. If both Hawes and Speights are out, Elton Brand could end up playing center again.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 3
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 22
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 78
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19