Oct 14, 2010, 8:23 AM EST
Just what the Sixers needed — another big man down.
Marreese Speights left the team’s preseason game against the Raptors in the third quarter with what has been termed a strained hamstring, according to Philly.com’s Kate Fagan.
Speights was trying to save a ball from going out of bounds when he stepped awkwardly. He instantly started to waive over trainers and medical staff.
No official word on how long Speights will be out, it could be anywhere from a week to a month. Coach Doug Collins did not seem to think it was serious. Still it is a hamstring, an injury can linger, the Sixers and Speights are better off getting this right so when he begins coming off the bench in the regular season he doesn’t aggravate it.
Spencer Hawes is out for a couple weeks. If both Hawes and Speights are out, Elton Brand could end up playing center again.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 20
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 2
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 4
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 24
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9