Oct 14, 2010, 8:23 AM EDT
Just what the Sixers needed — another big man down.
Marreese Speights left the team’s preseason game against the Raptors in the third quarter with what has been termed a strained hamstring, according to Philly.com’s Kate Fagan.
Speights was trying to save a ball from going out of bounds when he stepped awkwardly. He instantly started to waive over trainers and medical staff.
No official word on how long Speights will be out, it could be anywhere from a week to a month. Coach Doug Collins did not seem to think it was serious. Still it is a hamstring, an injury can linger, the Sixers and Speights are better off getting this right so when he begins coming off the bench in the regular season he doesn’t aggravate it.
Spencer Hawes is out for a couple weeks. If both Hawes and Speights are out, Elton Brand could end up playing center again.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 2
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48