Oct 14, 2010, 8:23 AM EDT
Just what the Sixers needed — another big man down.
Marreese Speights left the team’s preseason game against the Raptors in the third quarter with what has been termed a strained hamstring, according to Philly.com’s Kate Fagan.
Speights was trying to save a ball from going out of bounds when he stepped awkwardly. He instantly started to waive over trainers and medical staff.
No official word on how long Speights will be out, it could be anywhere from a week to a month. Coach Doug Collins did not seem to think it was serious. Still it is a hamstring, an injury can linger, the Sixers and Speights are better off getting this right so when he begins coming off the bench in the regular season he doesn’t aggravate it.
Spencer Hawes is out for a couple weeks. If both Hawes and Speights are out, Elton Brand could end up playing center again.
- Mike Krzyzewski might coach USA Basketball in 2016 Olympics 0
- George Hill not yet cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks, remains a game-time decision 1
- Report: Bobcats changing name back to Hornets 24
- Dwyane Wade grants wish, shows up at girl’s senior prom 20
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson 60
- Live: Preakness Stakes preview show
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- Day 1 of Indy 500 Qualifying
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay