Oct 14, 2010, 12:25 PM EDT
The Sixers may be struggling to find an identity this preseason, but Jrue Holliday seemed comfortable against the Raptors.
Holiday put up the rare preseason triple-double — 18 points, 12 assists and 11 rebounds. He was aggressive and attacking, and had just two turnovers.
Yes, he played 46 minutes of a double-overtime game (Toronto won 119-116). And yes, he did it against a Raptors team that is not known as a defensive powerhouse when they have their best players on the floor (although Holiday was matched up against Jarrett Jack and Jose Calderon most of the night).
Still, this kind of accomplishment should not go unnoticed. So well done Jrue. We’d give you a congratulatory slap on the behind, but then we’d draw a technical.
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 13
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20