Oct 14, 2010, 12:25 PM EDT
The Sixers may be struggling to find an identity this preseason, but Jrue Holliday seemed comfortable against the Raptors.
Holiday put up the rare preseason triple-double — 18 points, 12 assists and 11 rebounds. He was aggressive and attacking, and had just two turnovers.
Yes, he played 46 minutes of a double-overtime game (Toronto won 119-116). And yes, he did it against a Raptors team that is not known as a defensive powerhouse when they have their best players on the floor (although Holiday was matched up against Jarrett Jack and Jose Calderon most of the night).
Still, this kind of accomplishment should not go unnoticed. So well done Jrue. We’d give you a congratulatory slap on the behind, but then we’d draw a technical.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32