Oct 14, 2010, 12:25 PM EDT
The Sixers may be struggling to find an identity this preseason, but Jrue Holliday seemed comfortable against the Raptors.
Holiday put up the rare preseason triple-double — 18 points, 12 assists and 11 rebounds. He was aggressive and attacking, and had just two turnovers.
Yes, he played 46 minutes of a double-overtime game (Toronto won 119-116). And yes, he did it against a Raptors team that is not known as a defensive powerhouse when they have their best players on the floor (although Holiday was matched up against Jarrett Jack and Jose Calderon most of the night).
Still, this kind of accomplishment should not go unnoticed. So well done Jrue. We’d give you a congratulatory slap on the behind, but then we’d draw a technical.
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 4
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 21
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 41
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2