Oct 14, 2010, 12:25 PM EST
The Sixers may be struggling to find an identity this preseason, but Jrue Holliday seemed comfortable against the Raptors.
Holiday put up the rare preseason triple-double — 18 points, 12 assists and 11 rebounds. He was aggressive and attacking, and had just two turnovers.
Yes, he played 46 minutes of a double-overtime game (Toronto won 119-116). And yes, he did it against a Raptors team that is not known as a defensive powerhouse when they have their best players on the floor (although Holiday was matched up against Jarrett Jack and Jose Calderon most of the night).
Still, this kind of accomplishment should not go unnoticed. So well done Jrue. We’d give you a congratulatory slap on the behind, but then we’d draw a technical.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 0
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1