Oct 13, 2010, 11:50 AM EDT
We’ve got a fun-little tool here at NBC that allows you to rank NBA players on who you think will be the MVP this season. Rate guys on a scale of 1-10 so you can rate the race to the hardware.
Just like any cool new technological toy, we couldn’t wait to play with it. So we didn’t. To heck with meaningful games, you can go in and vote now. Actually, this is just like Chicago — go vote early and often.
Right now Kobe Bryant and Kevin Durant are your frontrunners, with LeBron James third but a few steps back.
Which amazes me (and you see it in the media, too) — LeBron has won the last two MVPs resoundingly, he is 25 and going to a team that will be a marquee in the league, and yet nobody seems to think he’s win a third this year. How is he not the frontrunner? Apparently the LeBron burnout/backlash/whatever-you-want-to-call-it has spread into the MVP discussions as well.
But please, go vote for whomever you want. Personally, I’m trying to find a way to vote for Eddy Curry.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 40
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18