Oct 13, 2010, 8:30 PM EDT
UPDATE 8:30 PM: The Chinese Basketball Association has issued a formal apology for their players going off and beating the crap out of the Brazilian team. (Sorry Brazil, round one goes to the Chinese.) The entire Chinese team will have to attend good sportsmanship classes. Seriously. That is the punishment. A class.
“The CBA apologizes to the Brazilian side and all other parties over the incident which created such serious consequences,” association vice chairman Li Jinsheng said in a statement.
3:42 pm: Pretty soon we’ll have some NBA “fights” where two guys will stand around and jaw, maybe bump a little, with nobody leaving the bench and no punches thrown.
International basketball, a lot more like hockey.
This fight is from a tournament in China, where Brazil came over to play. There are a couple hard fouls and then…
Warning, if you don’t like expletives, turn down the volume now, because former Hornets and Cavaliers assistant Bob Donewald lets it fly. Then the fight itself starts and will not stop, even when Brazil tries to leave the court (the fight starts around 1:15).
Brazil has pulled out of this tournament. Wisely.
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 18
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 8
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24