Oct 13, 2010, 12:11 AM EDT
The Kings new center, the one that is supposed to blend so well with their offense and provide the defensive presence they need, is going to miss the first few weeks of the season. Not good.
Samuel Dalembert is out four to six weeks with an abductor strain — the muscle that runs along your hip and connects to your thigh. It was confirmed by an MRI according to a tweet from Sam Amick of FanHouse.
This injury should keep Dalembert out the first two to four weeks of the season — a blow to a team counting on him to complement the play of Tyreke Evans.
More importantly, no Dalembert could hurt the Kings defense — they were counting on him to protect the rim. Dalembert is a key part of the Kings plans to take the next step.
No Dalembert will mean more rookie DeMarcus Cousins the first few weeks of the season. He has looked good in preseason (and in the first part of Summer League) but that is different than doing it in regular season games. Jason Thompson and Carl Landry will also see more burn.
Dalembert should be back the second half of November, which is not forever but longer than the Kings want to wait.
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 0
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 23
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 21
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 11
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (90)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- WATCH LIVE: Wings-Hawks, Game 4
- PHT: Rangers live another day, edge Bruins in OT
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1