Oct 13, 2010, 8:57 AM EST
Over at the Lakers blog Silver Screen & Roll, they dug up a video of a little street ball action with Lamar Odom. Watch and learn.
We love to watch that kind of ball (there’s a reason everyone love And 1) but outside of a little move once in a while, that stuff never makes it to the NBA hardwood.
Why? Lamar Odom got asked about the move (by the Kamenetzky brothers of ESPNLosAngeles, watch the video response) and that led to a discussion of why we don’t see more of it:
“I think a lot of times, the people that have perfected it, I don’t think you want to show up the game too much. The perception, people will take it the wrong way, like you’re showboating,” he said. “There are a lot of times where a guy is guarding and steps up, and I could go between his legs and drag it back, you know what I mean? And then a lot of times when you pull a move off, I think the referee just for you doing it will call a travel, or [something]. When [Allen] Iverson came in with the crossover, it was a good move for a little while, then it was kind of like, “Aaaaaah, [that’s] palming.” I think in the NBA you always want to make sure you respect the game, and then you want to keep your hand always on top of the ball. In the playground, you can take [the ball at different levels], and it’s a non-call.”
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 0
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 3
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 20
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 9
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 33
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7