Oct 13, 2010, 2:29 PM EDT
Hey, Cavaliers fans, can you come over here for a second? Thanks, I just have a little salt to rub into that wound for ya…
Oh, this pain was not intentional on the part of the company, but it is pain none the less. Those 2011 wall calendars you’re going to walk past in the mall in a month or so and wonder “who buys those things ?” all get made many months in advance. Which makes sense, it’s not like Christmas Day is going to change, or the photo of two puppies sitting in a basket is going to get any less cute.
So a Wisconsin company called Perfect Timing was not out of the ordinary putting together their Cleveland Cavaliers 2011 calendar in the first half of the year.
It’s the picture of LeBron James on the cover that is the issue.
Made sense in June, not so much after July 8.
Needless to say, the product isn’t really moving off the shelves in Cleveland, according to the Plain Dealer (via the Cleveland Scene). Really, no James-related Cavs gear is, even with steep discounts. Not shocking. However, they say some James/Cavaliers merchandise might be sold to collectors or big James fans in other parts of the country.
Perfect Timing did do a second printing with Mo Williams on the cover, although we’re not sure why Cavs fans would really pick that one up, either.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30