Oct 13, 2010, 2:29 PM EDT
Hey, Cavaliers fans, can you come over here for a second? Thanks, I just have a little salt to rub into that wound for ya…
Oh, this pain was not intentional on the part of the company, but it is pain none the less. Those 2011 wall calendars you’re going to walk past in the mall in a month or so and wonder “who buys those things ?” all get made many months in advance. Which makes sense, it’s not like Christmas Day is going to change, or the photo of two puppies sitting in a basket is going to get any less cute.
So a Wisconsin company called Perfect Timing was not out of the ordinary putting together their Cleveland Cavaliers 2011 calendar in the first half of the year.
It’s the picture of LeBron James on the cover that is the issue.
Made sense in June, not so much after July 8.
Needless to say, the product isn’t really moving off the shelves in Cleveland, according to the Plain Dealer (via the Cleveland Scene). Really, no James-related Cavs gear is, even with steep discounts. Not shocking. However, they say some James/Cavaliers merchandise might be sold to collectors or big James fans in other parts of the country.
Perfect Timing did do a second printing with Mo Williams on the cover, although we’re not sure why Cavs fans would really pick that one up, either.
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 2
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 12
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 6
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 7
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 23
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 63
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4