Oct 13, 2010, 8:22 AM EDT
The Bucks liked Darington Hobson — their second round draft pick out of New Mexico — enough that they inked him to a deal. A crafty point-forward guy at 6’7” they thought he could develop into a good role player for the team.
That will have to wait.
The Bucks announced that Hobson will the entire season after having his left hip operated on Tuesday, with the right hip coming in a couple weeks, according to Marc Spears of Yahoo.
Hobson missed Summer League with a groin issue that just never got better and eventually required not one but two surgeries. Hopefully he can bounce back next season.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 9
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 25
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 68
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 8
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36