Oct 13, 2010, 5:07 PM EST
What’s the hardest job in the United States? President? Cleaning out sewers? Janitor at a porno theater?
How about getting Eddy Curry ready to play basketball? That’s right up there, and with less chance of success. And that is also former Knick Anthony Mason’s new job, according to the New York Post.
Mostly this is going to be Mason working out with Curry, getting him into shape and ready to go. When Curry pulls a hamstring trying to put on his shorts game night and is out another month, that cannot be blamed on Mason.
Mason wants to break in to coaching, and like any profession when you want to break in you do the grunt work first. The jobs nobody else wants. Prove yourself and you get a job that sucks less.
So here you go Mason, here’s your entry-level tryout. All you have to do is get Curry ready to help the Knicks. Good luck with that.
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 2
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 12
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 11
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 25
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)