Oct 13, 2010, 5:07 PM EDT
What’s the hardest job in the United States? President? Cleaning out sewers? Janitor at a porno theater?
How about getting Eddy Curry ready to play basketball? That’s right up there, and with less chance of success. And that is also former Knick Anthony Mason’s new job, according to the New York Post.
Mostly this is going to be Mason working out with Curry, getting him into shape and ready to go. When Curry pulls a hamstring trying to put on his shorts game night and is out another month, that cannot be blamed on Mason.
Mason wants to break in to coaching, and like any profession when you want to break in you do the grunt work first. The jobs nobody else wants. Prove yourself and you get a job that sucks less.
So here you go Mason, here’s your entry-level tryout. All you have to do is get Curry ready to help the Knicks. Good luck with that.
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 0
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 16
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 30
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 26
- Report: Rick Adelman will not return as Timberwolves coach 12