Oct 13, 2010, 5:07 PM EST
What’s the hardest job in the United States? President? Cleaning out sewers? Janitor at a porno theater?
How about getting Eddy Curry ready to play basketball? That’s right up there, and with less chance of success. And that is also former Knick Anthony Mason’s new job, according to the New York Post.
Mostly this is going to be Mason working out with Curry, getting him into shape and ready to go. When Curry pulls a hamstring trying to put on his shorts game night and is out another month, that cannot be blamed on Mason.
Mason wants to break in to coaching, and like any profession when you want to break in you do the grunt work first. The jobs nobody else wants. Prove yourself and you get a job that sucks less.
So here you go Mason, here’s your entry-level tryout. All you have to do is get Curry ready to help the Knicks. Good luck with that.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 0
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 33
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 5
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 17
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 15
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11