Oct 13, 2010, 5:07 PM EDT
What’s the hardest job in the United States? President? Cleaning out sewers? Janitor at a porno theater?
How about getting Eddy Curry ready to play basketball? That’s right up there, and with less chance of success. And that is also former Knick Anthony Mason’s new job, according to the New York Post.
Mostly this is going to be Mason working out with Curry, getting him into shape and ready to go. When Curry pulls a hamstring trying to put on his shorts game night and is out another month, that cannot be blamed on Mason.
Mason wants to break in to coaching, and like any profession when you want to break in you do the grunt work first. The jobs nobody else wants. Prove yourself and you get a job that sucks less.
So here you go Mason, here’s your entry-level tryout. All you have to do is get Curry ready to help the Knicks. Good luck with that.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 3
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29