Oct 12, 2010, 7:45 PM EDT
The Miami Heat take the floor again on Tuesday, and again without Dwyane Wade. That’s not dire, but it slows the cohesion that the Heat really need.
[Heat coach Erik] Spoelstra on Wade; “Dwayne is making progress. He’s virtually pain free now.”
And they want to get him out there, as LeBron James said before the game.
“We would definitely want to get a preseason game in.”
But hamstrings are tricky things, come back too fast and aggravate it and it’s another couple weeks, and then we’re talking games that count.
“Obviously, if you’re a coach, you’d like to see him play now. We understand the big picture.”
No return date has been set. The Heat’s final preseason game is Oct. 22 against Orlando. They open the season Oct. 26 against the Boston Celtics.
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 0
- Who is left on the board after wild first day of NBA free agency? 2
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 17
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 45
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 3
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 23
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 108
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 14