Oct 12, 2010, 7:45 PM EDT
The Miami Heat take the floor again on Tuesday, and again without Dwyane Wade. That’s not dire, but it slows the cohesion that the Heat really need.
[Heat coach Erik] Spoelstra on Wade; “Dwayne is making progress. He’s virtually pain free now.”
And they want to get him out there, as LeBron James said before the game.
“We would definitely want to get a preseason game in.”
But hamstrings are tricky things, come back too fast and aggravate it and it’s another couple weeks, and then we’re talking games that count.
“Obviously, if you’re a coach, you’d like to see him play now. We understand the big picture.”
No return date has been set. The Heat’s final preseason game is Oct. 22 against Orlando. They open the season Oct. 26 against the Boston Celtics.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 28
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18