Oct 12, 2010, 7:45 PM EST
The Miami Heat take the floor again on Tuesday, and again without Dwyane Wade. That’s not dire, but it slows the cohesion that the Heat really need.
[Heat coach Erik] Spoelstra on Wade; “Dwayne is making progress. He’s virtually pain free now.”
And they want to get him out there, as LeBron James said before the game.
“We would definitely want to get a preseason game in.”
But hamstrings are tricky things, come back too fast and aggravate it and it’s another couple weeks, and then we’re talking games that count.
“Obviously, if you’re a coach, you’d like to see him play now. We understand the big picture.”
No return date has been set. The Heat’s final preseason game is Oct. 22 against Orlando. They open the season Oct. 26 against the Boston Celtics.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 30
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10