Oct 12, 2010, 7:45 PM EDT
The Miami Heat take the floor again on Tuesday, and again without Dwyane Wade. That’s not dire, but it slows the cohesion that the Heat really need.
[Heat coach Erik] Spoelstra on Wade; “Dwayne is making progress. He’s virtually pain free now.”
And they want to get him out there, as LeBron James said before the game.
“We would definitely want to get a preseason game in.”
But hamstrings are tricky things, come back too fast and aggravate it and it’s another couple weeks, and then we’re talking games that count.
“Obviously, if you’re a coach, you’d like to see him play now. We understand the big picture.”
No return date has been set. The Heat’s final preseason game is Oct. 22 against Orlando. They open the season Oct. 26 against the Boston Celtics.
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed to, team to stay in Milwaukee 0
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 13
- 2014 PBT Awards: Most Improved Player 17
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 1
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 14