Oct 12, 2010, 7:45 PM EDT
The Miami Heat take the floor again on Tuesday, and again without Dwyane Wade. That’s not dire, but it slows the cohesion that the Heat really need.
[Heat coach Erik] Spoelstra on Wade; “Dwayne is making progress. He’s virtually pain free now.”
And they want to get him out there, as LeBron James said before the game.
“We would definitely want to get a preseason game in.”
But hamstrings are tricky things, come back too fast and aggravate it and it’s another couple weeks, and then we’re talking games that count.
“Obviously, if you’re a coach, you’d like to see him play now. We understand the big picture.”
No return date has been set. The Heat’s final preseason game is Oct. 22 against Orlando. They open the season Oct. 26 against the Boston Celtics.
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to be team president. Or not. Depends on who you ask. 22
- Extra Pass: Western Conference playoff field ought to be really good, but just how good? 1
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: San Antonio with another impressive statement 16
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 8
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 29