Oct 12, 2010, 10:13 AM EDT
Gilbert Arenas’ game has fit in quite well with the new look Washington Wizards. But that’s not what anyone is talking about.
Rather, the topic is Arenas’ beard — which is a little big scraggly and rough. It is up there with Boom Dizzle’s as the best in the Association.
Arenas walked up the stairs after practice on Monday and Wizards owner Ted Leonsis was waiting to greet him with a hug and a smile. Leonsis made a comment about Arenas’s beard. Arenas grinned and said, “I’m cutting it. I’m cutting it.”
Leonsis, who sports a goatee, then rubbed his chin and asked Arenas if he would at least keep the goatee. “Like me?” Leonsis said, then lowered his head and raised his right fist in the air as if he was staging some protest. “You know, for solidarity.”
Arenas laughed as he traded some shaving advice with Leonsis, then rubbed his beard some more and said, “I’m cutting it. This was a preseason look.”
It always seems the best are the ones we get to see the least.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 7
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 5
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 28
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 24
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2