Oct 12, 2010, 10:13 AM EDT
Gilbert Arenas’ game has fit in quite well with the new look Washington Wizards. But that’s not what anyone is talking about.
Rather, the topic is Arenas’ beard — which is a little big scraggly and rough. It is up there with Boom Dizzle’s as the best in the Association.
Arenas walked up the stairs after practice on Monday and Wizards owner Ted Leonsis was waiting to greet him with a hug and a smile. Leonsis made a comment about Arenas’s beard. Arenas grinned and said, “I’m cutting it. I’m cutting it.”
Leonsis, who sports a goatee, then rubbed his chin and asked Arenas if he would at least keep the goatee. “Like me?” Leonsis said, then lowered his head and raised his right fist in the air as if he was staging some protest. “You know, for solidarity.”
Arenas laughed as he traded some shaving advice with Leonsis, then rubbed his beard some more and said, “I’m cutting it. This was a preseason look.”
It always seems the best are the ones we get to see the least.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 5
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 12
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 13
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 10
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 61