Oct 12, 2010, 10:13 AM EST
Gilbert Arenas’ game has fit in quite well with the new look Washington Wizards. But that’s not what anyone is talking about.
Rather, the topic is Arenas’ beard — which is a little big scraggly and rough. It is up there with Boom Dizzle’s as the best in the Association.
Arenas walked up the stairs after practice on Monday and Wizards owner Ted Leonsis was waiting to greet him with a hug and a smile. Leonsis made a comment about Arenas’s beard. Arenas grinned and said, “I’m cutting it. I’m cutting it.”
Leonsis, who sports a goatee, then rubbed his chin and asked Arenas if he would at least keep the goatee. “Like me?” Leonsis said, then lowered his head and raised his right fist in the air as if he was staging some protest. “You know, for solidarity.”
Arenas laughed as he traded some shaving advice with Leonsis, then rubbed his beard some more and said, “I’m cutting it. This was a preseason look.”
It always seems the best are the ones we get to see the least.
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 5
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 5
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9