Oct 12, 2010, 10:13 AM EDT
Gilbert Arenas’ game has fit in quite well with the new look Washington Wizards. But that’s not what anyone is talking about.
Rather, the topic is Arenas’ beard — which is a little big scraggly and rough. It is up there with Boom Dizzle’s as the best in the Association.
Arenas walked up the stairs after practice on Monday and Wizards owner Ted Leonsis was waiting to greet him with a hug and a smile. Leonsis made a comment about Arenas’s beard. Arenas grinned and said, “I’m cutting it. I’m cutting it.”
Leonsis, who sports a goatee, then rubbed his chin and asked Arenas if he would at least keep the goatee. “Like me?” Leonsis said, then lowered his head and raised his right fist in the air as if he was staging some protest. “You know, for solidarity.”
Arenas laughed as he traded some shaving advice with Leonsis, then rubbed his beard some more and said, “I’m cutting it. This was a preseason look.”
It always seems the best are the ones we get to see the least.
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 9
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 6