Oct 12, 2010, 10:13 AM EDT
Gilbert Arenas’ game has fit in quite well with the new look Washington Wizards. But that’s not what anyone is talking about.
Rather, the topic is Arenas’ beard — which is a little big scraggly and rough. It is up there with Boom Dizzle’s as the best in the Association.
Arenas walked up the stairs after practice on Monday and Wizards owner Ted Leonsis was waiting to greet him with a hug and a smile. Leonsis made a comment about Arenas’s beard. Arenas grinned and said, “I’m cutting it. I’m cutting it.”
Leonsis, who sports a goatee, then rubbed his chin and asked Arenas if he would at least keep the goatee. “Like me?” Leonsis said, then lowered his head and raised his right fist in the air as if he was staging some protest. “You know, for solidarity.”
Arenas laughed as he traded some shaving advice with Leonsis, then rubbed his beard some more and said, “I’m cutting it. This was a preseason look.”
It always seems the best are the ones we get to see the least.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 8
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 24
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6