Oct 12, 2010, 12:26 PM EDT
Rafer Alston has options.
The same article is reporting that Alston, despite agreeing to come to Zhejiang, personally reached out to Qingdao Double Star two weeks ago and the two sides have mutual interest in each other. If a deal is reached, Skip will sign an agreement with Double Star similar to Stephon Marbury’s with Shanxi Zhongyu that would include opportunities on the business side of the basketball in addition to an annual salary.
Good for him finding the best deal he can.
Our own Rob Mahoney said it before but it bears repeating — China may be the eventual home to all of the NBA’s high-volume, low-efficiency point guards. Which is fine by me. China gets some streetball flair from Skip to my Lou and we get more efficient basketball. Everybody wins.
- PBT Podcast: NBA playoff preview edition 0
- NBA Playoff Preview: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder 4
- NBA Playoff Preview: Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trail Blazers 5
- NBA Playoff Preview: Chicago Bulls vs. Washington Wizards 19
- Report: Steve Kerr “expects” to be offered, will take Knicks coaching job 15